Monday, October 18, 2010

Busy Monday

I lied the other night - I guess I didn't watch the entire season of Sister Wives because the season finale was last night - now I have watched the entire season. I had to wait up until 11:30 to see the episode and I only took the 1.5mg of ativan and I was tired and ready for bed at midnight - woohoo. I hope its a continuing trend but I am sure it will vary from day to day.
Today was my first day flying solo - Rob went back to work today. Nick and I were already up when the alarm went off telling us to get up. I got clothes together for the kids and found Ellie downstairs watching tv. I got the kids breakfast ready and Ellie's snack for school. Ellie walked out to the bus stop and Nick and I watched from the chair. I called Mom to see what she was doing today and she said she would pick us up around 10:30. I am so frustrated with Dr. Marsh right now - I still have not heard any info from my CT scan one week ago. I called Kellogg and asked to be connected either with Dr. Marsh or his voicemail and instead got Margaret's voicemail with her un-changed message from last week and then the automatic system message that her mailbox was full. I tried calling Kellogg back 3 times - each time being placed on hold for periods of 10 minutes - that is all I was willing to wait. I emailed Margaret to say I was still waiting on results and to describe my phone call history from this morning.
I also made a couple calls about wigs - I started with the Kellogg contact who gave me a couple local places to call. I have about 20" of my own hair that I had cut off and I was going to donate but didn't get around to it that I would like to get made into a wig - gray and white hairs too - it will be real natural. I called the companies that she gave me and had no success - I was just told that the wig I want could cost me a small fortune. I called the American Cancer Society and was given another phone number - same result though. I searched online and did find a company that will do what I want but it would be an online transaction so no chance to talk to someone in person to talk about styling - these wigs started at $1200.00 and went up. I think I might just pick up a cheap synthetic wig and see how I actually feel in it - if I really end up needing a wig I might feel differently but for now I am thinking a hat or scarf will do fine.
Mom and Mrs. B came to pick us up and we were off to Michaels for some craft stuff - I was able to pick up the pipe cleaners I need for the school party. We stopped in at the produce market for a replenishing - Nick must have been getting hungry because I put a yogurt smoothie in the cart and he opened it and drank it. When we got out to the car I was feeling hungry too and tore a piece of the fresh french bread off. We ended our day of shopping at CVS but all we got there were gummy spiders - they were super cute and I might have to go back and get some more for Halloween. Mom bought me an article about chocolate today and I guess I am once again ahead of the trend and chocolate and red wine is a strong anti-oxidant booster as well as mood elevator especially for cancer patients. Mrs. B bought me an early Halloween treat - spiced red wine for those cooler nights.
We dropped Mrs. B off and Mom dropped her perishables off and we came back to out house. We had a late lunch before Nick and I went to pick Ellie up from the bus stop. I bought the Samantha dress at a thrift store when Ellie was like 3 years old and the tea yesterday inspired me to think about it again and we had Ellie try it on today (for Halloween) and it fits her like a glove - we have a successful choice for a costume now. I helped Ellie out with her homework and Mom and Ellie looked over her book order. Nick decided to do some crazy stunt to get out of the chair in the dining room and it was a stunt gone wrong and he totally scraped the top layer of skin off his back - he and I had some couch cuddle time. Rob came home and took the kids out for a bit of outside time but the crazy stunts continued when they created a ramp from some woof out back and were running and trying to maneuver their bikes up it. I really do feel like I live with the circus sometimes.
Ellie took her shower when they came in and then she joined Nick in the basement to play. Rob and I got a couple minutes to catch up before I started dinner - a great night for hot soup and fresh bread - yum. After dinner I gave Nick his bath and got him ready for bed - Rob did the night time routine. Feels like I have been typing forever so I think I will wrap up. Rob just listened to me bitch for 10 minutes or so about how irritated I am with the entire Northshore system - going back to my hospital stay where I still haven't received the patient survey (which I was going to use to bitch about a bunch of things) and then more recently about the fact that 3rd world countries get faster CT scan results than I have. I am wound up - wooo. On the positive side - I have now finished my first week of xeloda without any severe side effects - woohoo. Visualising my healthy body, my un-remarkable xeloda course and the new normal me - whomever (might be a real witch) that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment