Tuesday, October 12, 2010

1 day down - 13 to go

Another night that I really couldn't tell you what I watched because I was only half into it - I think I watched hgtv. Average sleeping night for all - except Nick woke up at 5AM and turned his bedroom light on because he couldn't find the way out of his room. Nick woke up at regular time saying he didn't want to go to school today - I said we would talk about it later. We got downstairs and Ellie asked Nick what he thought he would do at school and he said Mom said we would talk about it later - too funny. We got Ellie off to the bus and Nick dressed and I told him it was Tuesday and on Tuesday we go to school. After some more convincing he was cool about the idea.
Rob and I drove him to school and I walked him up - he was fine until the teacher asked if he wanted to give me a kiss and a hug - then he became attached to my pant lag and wouldn't let go - the teacher helped pry him away and quickly shut the door. I started xeloda today so I forgot about the routine - zofran when I wake up, wait an hour to eat and another 30 minutes after that to take the xeloda. It was successful this morning - no nausea. Rob and I were off to Target for some random shopping. It was very nice to take my time through Target and not be rushed or driven crazy. We stopped at Farm Fresh for some international goods - tomorrow is Around the World in 80 minutes at Ellie's school and I am helping represent Europe. It was a great day to stop in at Farm Fresh - the brie and chevrie cheese I was picking up were ultra on sale because the expiration date is this coming weekend and I was able to get the chocolate bars from Poland. We stopped by Best Buy to look at laptops - my laptop is getting old. It doesn't hold a charge for more than 20 minutes, it is missing the 6 key and now the left "mouse" button is permanently depressed. If anyone has any laptop suggestions we are not buying until this weekend.
We dropped off some stuff at Salvation Army and came home. Our neighbors were getting into their car when we pulled in and said she had something for me and produced some lasagna for dinner. Mom and I had plans for after I picked up Nick - a wine run, a quick trip to Costco and lunch. Rob decided to play around here and I left to pick up Nick - he was playing a game with a few other kids and was happily involved - although as soon as the teacher said come find your parents he zeroed in on me and came running full speed - I got a giant hug. Nick and I went to Mom's and we filled our drink up and got on the road. We stopped by Costco and then Binny's before lunch at Wendy's. I reminded Mom that my car was at her house and she said she would drive me in between taking Ellie for running - but plans changed. We came back here and Rob took Nick outside for a bit - Mom and I watched some tv. Christi stopped by with dinner and dessert for us and volunteered to pick Ellie up from running - so I asked if Su'Nana could stay with us - she could and did. I got Ellie off the bus and she did a bit of homework before Rob took her to run.
Rob went for a massage after he dropped Ellie and Nick and Su'Nana played and watched some of Chitty Chitty before deciding they wanted to go outside again just when Christi arrived. The kids played for a bit before Christi went to pick up our girls. Mom left to go home - I said I would pick up my car later tonight or tomorrow. The girls came back with Christi and everyone played out front. We scheduled a play date for Thursday with Christi and Su'Nana and we said goodnight. Ellie and Nick and I put Chitty Chitty back on for nick while Ellie did her homework - I got to work on the enormous amount of laundry to put away - it was ridiculous it took over an hour. Rob came home and put away his clothes. We had re-heat dinner tonight - we had so many left overs we needed to make room for our great dinners we got today. Rob arranged that Dad would swing by on his way home and give him a ride to pick up my car. After dinner I took my xeloda - bad tummy - I am not sure if it is medicine related or emotionally related.
I gave the kids their bath and got them into pjs and we came downstairs to finish the movie - I forgot how long the movie is but I think Nick and I might just be rediscovering it soon. I told Rob tonight I was ready for him to go back to work - there is just a point you get to where you have been around each other too much and we've reached it. I am disappointed I didn't hear anything from Dr. Marsh today about my scan - no news is good news? Visualising my healthy body, an un-remarkable xeloda course and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment