Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Bargain of the day

Rob and I watched Parenthood and some news before Rob went up to bed - I stayed up and watched Frida (Frida Kahlo). I went up a bit after midnight - slept a bit better with then fan off but was still cold. Nick woke up with Ellie and Rob this morning but refused to go downstairs with them and instead tortured me until I finally said ok. We came down and had breakfast and got Ellie ready for school. I did some laundry and took a shower. Rob and Nick went out to check what our landscapers were doing.
I have discovered that both Ellie and Nick have grown over the summer - very apparent when they put on their pants from last spring and they are floating inches above their ankles. I decided it was thrifting day - we hit my favorite shop in Glenview and Salvation in Morton Grove. We found nothing in Glenview - slim pickings - much the same at Salvation, although I did get a new with tags felted purse that is super cute for the fall. I paid $1.56 and it is listed on eBay for $50.00 - can't resell it though cause it truly is super cute.
We came home and had lunch before getting ready for our play date with Christi and Su'nana. Nick and I walked over (probably the longest walk I have taken since surgery). I decided that if I get cleared (which I don't think will be a problem) by my doctors to do the 5K with Ellie my plan is to increase my walking by 1/2 a mile a week to build up to the 5K. We got to Christi's and the kids played nicely together while C and I caught up. Rob was over to do some tile work but left us after he was done. Nick and I walked home after our play date and Rob and Nick went to get Ellie from the bus stop. I helped Ellie with her homework and packed up our food for Millietime.
We went over to Mom's - changed Scarlett's "clothes" and the kids played while Mom got her Millietime food ready. I asked Jo if she wanted to meet Scarlett but she is pretty grossed out about Scarlett and said no. However, Jo's co-worker Marcia did say she would meet Scarlett - long story but Jo was on the phone with her and I thought it was Ole. We were at Mrs. B's house tonight and she provided an anti-oxidant rich spread. There was a good mix of food - I tried a couple raspberries and strawberries - we will see how that works. It was nice to see everyone - especially nice to see everyone when I wasn't in a hospital bed. The Millie's also said they wouldn't mind meeting Scarlett (in all fairness they all saw my entire radiation marked butt) - Scarlett didn't come out and play this evening possibly next time. Oh, I forgot to mention Jeremy from Mark Drud called this morning to tell me my approval finally came through and I could place my order - just in time, too.
We got home from Millies just a couple minutes ahead of Rob getting home (he took his free time to go see Wall Street). Rob put the kids to bed and I started blogging. Big day tomorrow - Nick's first day of preschool (alone) and my oncology appointment where I am going to try to persuade Dr. Marsh to start my post-op chemo mid-November provided it won't have any major consequences. I don't have an appointment with Patricia this week - maybe I will try to get in on Friday - I am really feeling the need for some sleep ear seeds. No real complaints today other than being tired and not napping. Visualising my healthy body, my continued healthy recovery and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment