Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I didn't cry

Rob and I started watching Weeds last night - pretty funny. Rob went up after the news and I stayed up and watched crappy cable - no movies on that were any good. I couldn't get warm in bed last night - we had the ceiling fan on and I really wanted to turn it off but that involved getting up and I was too cold. With this week getting warm again its not worth putting on the heat but upstairs is cold.
Nick and I got up at our usual time and got clothes for Ellie and kissed her goodbye before she went off to the bus. Rob, Nick and I just hung out around here this morning - I actually fell back to sleep on the couch for about an hour. We got ready for Nick's big preschool open house - he wanted to go today. We were met in the lobby by one of the high school students who put a name tag necklace of Nick (the high school mascot is wolves so the preschool is little cubbies). Nick wore his cub print name tag with pride. We were walked down to the preschool and Nick was led into the preschool room while Rob and I were in the classroom for orientation.
Nick did so well - no hesitation going on his own and we got to peek through the glass to see him and he was enjoying himself. We learned he will get to have snack at school and got the calendar for the year so we know what unit is each week and when Nick will be Star Student. During orientation the kids made a train (hands on the person in front of you) and went to wash their hands for snack. I noticed Nick was the last kid eating snack and he was entertaining 2 high school girls - trouble. We joined Nick and he showed us the kitchen and how he could make us eggs. We got to go outside and play in the playground for a bit - Nick so wanted to discover the playground and was thrilled that there were trikes. Nick got a litte cubbie backpack (embroidered with his name) and a t-shirt today - when we left he put his backpack on to walk to the car. I told him Ellie was going to be so jealous that his backpack had his name on it. I made it through the entire orientation without crying - yeah!
We came home for lunch and after lunch Rob and Nick went out to paint another coat on our pumpkins and ghosts and to just enjoy the day. I tried to nap but had a difficult time settling down. Rob and Nick got Ellie off the bus and I helped Ellie with homework before Rob took her back to school for Girls on the Run. Nick helped me get out our indoor Halloween - he was thrilled to re-discover all the singing/musical toys - he sets them all off in tandem. Rob went to pick Ellie up and I helped her finish up her homework. We all worked on our lights outside - the bats hanging from the second floor windows look so cool. We put purple lights on all the bushes and then Ellie hung the pumpkin and the ghost from the inside windows. I started dinner while Rob did bath time. We have eaten all of our left overs and no one was very committal about dinner so we had breakfast for dinner - cheesy eggs and potato pancakes with cherry applesauce. We all had ice cream before we went out in the dark to look at our decorations - while we still aren't at the neighbors level - our house looks pretty neat. Rob took Nick up for bed and Ellie and I relaxed on the couch until we heard Rob's footsteps on the floor letting us know it was Ellie's time.
Dancing with the Stars will be on in a couple minutes and I am hoping they decide two people should go home. No colo-ring today - I have high hopes for the next 6 days. Scarlett has been good today with just a pang of pain. I called Mark Drugs to find out the status of my ostomy products and was told they never heard anything from wither doctor. I opened up my computer to look up my doctors phone number and found that I had just received an email from the office saying my supplies had been ordered and I should have a nice day. I called Mark Drug back and let Jeremy know that and he took the phone number and called himself. When we got back from the orientation there was a message from Jeremy saying the lady who had sent me the email had no clue what she was doing but he was talking to authorizations and let them know the urgency of my referral (I have one good bag left). I got my samples from another ostomy company and they were horrible - their bags are complete plastic - think cheap kids raincoat - bad - real bad.
Last night out of boredom I started googling retro cancer and stupid cancer and found some darling sites with some very funny cancer products. Most had retro men or women (think 50s Mom/Dad or 40s pin up girls) - my new favorite is a lady with the saying Hey Cancer - you picked the wrong bitch! Others that were up for consideration -Fighting cancer and still fabulous, Cancer - all the pretty people have it and What's up your butt? Find out early, get screened. There are a bunch of chemo one too - might have to pick one out soon.
Visualising my healthy body, my continued healthy recovery and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the house at night! So proud of all of you...great job with preschool, Nick...great job with running, Ellie...great job with the wood, Rob...great job with keeping your cool, Theresa. and last, but not least, great job of behaving, Scarlett! Hopefully Mark Supply will get your order out to you really soon! love ya, Mom. P.S. Although the new motto is cute...you are NOT a bitch!

    ReplyDelete