Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Typical Tuesday

I watched Little People Big World last night after the news and apparently it might be my new sleep aid because somewhere in the second episode I fell asleep and woke up somewhere in the 1:00 range. I went up to bed and had an ok night until Nick woke me up this morning. Ellie had a field trip to the Grove today to see their Native American exhibits. Lunch was easy because she asked ahead of time for a turkey lunchable. It seems like a new daily occurrence here with one of the kids but I pick out their clothes, they get dressed and one of them either has 3/4 length sleeves or floods for pants - it was Ellie today with her cropped length jeans (I guess we are up to a size 12 now). Ellie walked to the bus but Nick really wanted to be out there so I got him dressed quickly and we went out to wait with Ellie. I finally got my CT scan results released online so I could read them - no real surprises but there was a reference of fluid in the pelvic area and that infection couldn't be ruled out so I did want clarification on that - I put another call in and told the operator I had left a couple messages for Margaret and really needed to leave one for Dr. Marsh - I was passed into a voicemail that just said extension number ---- was not available.
Mom and I had a shopping morning planned and I thought that would be good on the Nick school front because it would throw him off - no such luck. When Mom pulled up I got our stuff together and tried to get Nick out the door but he ran into the kitchen and attached himself to our rolling cart handles. When I tried to pull him away he pulled the entire cart with him. I released his fingers off and he ran to the front of the house and flung his shoes off as he ran by the time I picked the shoes up he had locked himself in the washroom. I convinced him to open the door and I just grabbed him and was out the front door. It wears me out just trying to get him out the door - he calmed down in the car and actually went into school with no tears or fit and plainly said goodbye to me.
Mom and I went to Target and found such good end cap clearance in the paper goods, wrapping paper and card section. It was so nice to shop and look without kids - we spent over an hour at Target. We made a quick run through Costco so Mom could pickup Christmas presents for the boys (since they were not with us) and I got our garbage bags. We were perfectly timed to pick up Nick from school - he was the first kid to run out the door and got in the car and told us what a great day he had - drives me nuts. We hit another Target to try to find a couple items the first Target didn't have and we were successful but we also had Nick this time around so we ended up with a bunch of things we didn't know we needed.
We came back here for lunch and Nick had an endless stomach - he had ham, applesauce and an orange and he ate them all and asked for seconds and ate those too. We all cuddled up on the couch - I really thought Nick would take a nap but no such luck. I had a message from Margaret saying the CT scan was normal but I could call back if I wanted to discuss it anymore. It was time to pick Elie up from the bus and we were running a bit late and Nick wanted to get his trike and Ellie was already off the bus and Nick just flipped out that he wasn't there. Ellie had a great time at her field trip and even got to pick out a pumpkin from their patch.
Mom drove Ellie to Girls on the Run and dropped her off and Nick and I cuddled some more under the blanket - I was tired. Rob picked Ellie up on his way home from work and as soon as they walked in the house Nick wanted Rob to make him popcorn and play - I told Rob I needed just 15 minutes to sleep - he gave me almost 30 which could be problem some later tonight. We called in an order to Dengeos for dinner and Ellie went to pick it up with me. We had a nice dinner together and Nick shared some of the songs he sung at school today and Ellie shared that she ran 1.2 miles today. I got the kids into the pjs and got their vitamins out and Nick upstairs to bed while Rob showered. Ellie and I worked on her spelling packet and went downstairs to print out her word search. It was fun - I printed 2 out and we were in a race to see who could find the most words the fastest. Ellie went up to bed and here I am blogging.
I am more and more happy each time I open the xeloda bottle and see the level lowering - just 48 more pills! I have the deep pelvic throbby pain back this evening - no fun. Visualising my healthy body, my un-remarkable xeolda course and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment