Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fairly quiet Sunday

Rob went up early last night and I watched some news and some bad HGTV. I fell asleep on the couch and I don't even recall what time I actually made it to bed. Nick and I woke up around 8 and I really had to work to confine my usual schedule so we could make church. I had my bowl of coffee and read the Sunday ads before taking a quick shower and grabbing the frozen waffle Rob so nicely toasted for me. I got the kids clothes ready and they got dressed and we were out the door to church.
We sat in the back row today because Nick insisted on wearing his vampire teeth and it was not a big enough deal to fight with him about it. I made the attempt to just walk him to nursery and try to leave but he saw right through it and in the long run I don't want to ruin the trust we have established for preschool. Neither Rob nor I realized it was the big church meeting after church this morning but we didn't plan for it and left. We stopped at Big Lots on the way home because I needed to pick up spray paint to paint the hocus pocus sticks for the Halloween party on Friday. It was such a great Big Lots stop - I found neon orange paint, Ellie found that they had her favorite tuna lunch kits again and I picked up about a dozen baking mixes for the holidays. On the way home Nick was talking about his dark in the glow lights - I laughed so hard.
We came home and we went outside - it was almost 70 degrees here today and partly cloudy - a very decent day for the second half of October. We went through and got rid of most of the stuff in my gardening cabinet - a recent population of small furry things had taken up residence in it and it was beyond gross. I went in the alley and spray painted my sticks - it was pretty funny our neighbor came running back and laughed because he had heard noise and the can of spray paint being shaken and thought someone was tagging in the alley.
I finished my sticks up and went through the remaining pile from the garden cart and got rid of a couple more things and then swept of the porch - leaves are just coming inside by the dozen when the door opens. Since I swept the porch I decided to rake the patio - which turned into raking the side of the house and then part of the lawn - we have a big pile that we will eventually need to bring to the curb. I have not been staying out of the sun like I did in the summer while on xeloda but the sun felt different today and I decided I should go inside. Rob played with the kids out in the yard for a bit - they came in and had some lunch before walking to the park. I took advantage of the silence and the heat of the solar energy coming into the back room and took a nap. I heard the kids and Rob come home but they went to the basement to give me a while longer to sleep.
When I woke up they were watching Boil Boil Toil and Trouble (Olsen twins from the early 90s) so I played on the computer for a bit - realized I had been outbid on all my ebay auctions but it only really bothers me when the final bid is only $1.00 from my bid. When I see that some stupid person was willing to pay almost retail for used clothing that is just fine with me. When their movie ended we headed off to Mom and Dad's for Sunday night dinner. Jo and Tony were already there and dinner was almost finished. I helped with the remaining plating and we went to the porch to eat dinner. The little boys behaved so nicely during dinner - would have thought we drugged them or something. After dinner we had pumpkin ice cream sundaes - yum. Mom and Ellie helped me change Scarlett - she dropped another dress size - I noticed she looked smaller immediately - must be the anti-oxidant rich diet I am on. Nick climbed up on the bed and he just provides humor in the most odd moments in time.
We came home with our goodies from Grams - new toothpaste for Nick and Ellie (each their own flavors), a couple lunchables for Ellie and tic tacs for me. We did vitamins and brushed teeth, changed in pjs and off to bed Nick went. Ellie is sitting on the couch with me reading the last chapter of her book and I am blogging. Nothing too much happening this next week - just getting ready for the party at school and Halloween in general. Tomorrow is the last day of oral xeloda - yeah - I am so happy the big side effects never kicked in. Visualising my healthy body, celebrating the last two doses of xeloda and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment