Friday, October 15, 2010

It is Friday

As I said in last nights blog I don't know if its the Fall or the xeloda but I am tired. I was actually feeling quite tired last night and around 10:30 I looked at the clock and thought - Oh crap I haven't taken my ativan. I quickly got up and took them and surprisingly the sleepy feeling went away. I flipped to find something on tv but nothing was interesting - I ended up turning on hgtv and just tuning out. I fell asleep somewhere along the lines on the couch and woke up somewhere around 1AM. Nick woke me up this morning asking for confirmation that it was Friday and he didn't have pre-school. We came downstairs and had breakfast - well Nick did - I had a zofran. Ellie got off to the bus stop and I went up to shower.
I called Patricia's office to find out if she had anytime today - which she did - ahhhh. I was able to set up an appointment at 2PM. Nick and I watched some tv and then her and Rob went outside to play. I ended up napping before lunchtime - ok, maybe it is the xeloda. We had leftovers for lunch and Nick kept trying to sneak rice krispie treats out of the cabinet. Rob took Nick out for an adventure - the bank, Menards and to get big cookies. Nick had asked for a cookie before he left and I offered him a butter cookie which he told me wasn't big enough - so Rob took him to get a big cookie. Before I left to go see Patricia I called to see if Amy had any openings for a pedicure this afternoon and she did.
It was a good thing I left extra time to get to Glenview because every street is under construction and it took me 40 minutes to get there. Patricia and I talked about what was new - that my incisions are healing nice, that I began chemo and that sleep is becoming less of a problem since starting xeloda. Patricia mentioned dehydration and that she thought I wasn't drinking enough water - at the time of my appointment I had drank 50 ounces - I don't think that is dehydration level. It was wonderfully relaxing to just be quiet for an hour and she gave me some suggestions for chemo nausea.
I left Glenview and went to my nail appointment in Morton Grove - what was wonderful was that Amy was running behind and I got to let my feet soak and sit in the fabulous massage chair for almost 30 minutes before she came in. Everyone was super apologetic and I just smiled and told them it was truly fine. I have beautiful burgundy toes now and had a wonderful leg and foot massage - Amy at the end walked me to the foot dryer and did a mini shoulder and back massage - I feel pampered today.
I came home and Nick and Rob were outside in front with the jeep - which now has caution tape attached appropriately. Ellie was jumping in the trampoline next door. I came in and filled my water bottle and made my Target list - no body wanted to come with so I left. We needed milk and juice and I ended up finding some cute Willy Wonka candy on clearance for sweetest day for the kids and I got cookies for dessert and pizza for dinner. I called Rob to preheat the oven and I came home.
Ellie helped me unload the car and Rob already had Nick in the bathtub - Ellie helped me put away groceries and then she went up to get clean. We had dinner together and then dessert. We promised Friday night movie and found netflix had a Halloween Eloise movie - so that is what we watched. Rob took Nick up for bed and Ellie soon followed. Busy weekend - Ellie has her bff's birthday party tomorrow and its sweetest day. On Sunday we have the afternoon Tea.
I still did not get a call back from either Margaret or Dr. Marsh - really annoying and irritating in this day in age - at least release the results so I can view them online. I did hear back from Nick's doctor who had to write a letter to the school nurse explaining it was fine he had 2 vaccines 2 days before his 1st birthday and that he hasn't had a booster vaccine because of the national shortage - she wrote the letter and Nick should be fine now - except he now needs 3 shots (prevnar boost, hib boost and flu). Visualising my healthy body, my un-remarkable xeloda course and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment