Saturday, October 23, 2010

It is Saturday and I am tired!

By the time I got home and un-wound, wrote my blog and felt sleepy enough to go upstairs it was close to 3:00AM. I have absolutely no complaints - I had such a great night and I am just sad my friend Julie lives so far away. Of course, I woke Rob up when I went up because my pajamas were not were I left them. We talked for a bit about our nights and I finally said I needed to go to sleep. About 20 minutes later I heard noise - Nick! I took him back to his bed and he wanted me to hold him -which I did until I felt his weight get heavy - I ticked him in and went back to bed. I have no idea when Rob or Ellie woke up but Nick and I didn't wake up until 9:o0AM.
We went down and Nick went to find Ellie in the basement - Rob and I had our coffee. It was rainy this morning which put a damper on some of our plans. We did eventually get dressed and Ellie and I went to the bank - Nick didn't want to get dressed so he and Rob stayed at home. Ellie picked out a pumpkin for both of them and a goodie bag while I made their deposit. We came home and Nick was in hysterics - apparently since we left. Ellie opened their goodie bags and showed him their "loot". They both put in their fake teeth and sanity was restored. We had plans to go the the Niles West homecoming parade but it was actively raining out which means its not the kids weather (pneumonia bound). I got the kids set up to decorate the pumpkins we got from the bank today - paint, colored glue, glitter glue and gems. I then ran out the door to get to lunch.
This was a very big social weekend for me - my girlfriend, Becki, from high school was also passing through town. I traveled out to the Woodfield area to meet up with her and her husband. We had a nice lunch talking about their recent wedding (we weren't able to attend because it was still too close to surgery), my health and general memories. What I have come to realize over the last 24 hours or so is how absolutely lucky I am that I not only like my Mom but she truly is my best friend. Goes with the whatever happens in vegas stays in vegas but truly I am so lucky!
Becki and I visited until it was time to get going - they went on to Ikea and I came home. Our neighbors were having a Halloween party today that they invited Ellie to and she was super excited but I talked her into a walk before she needed to go. We walked 1.3 miles and she was complaining about .9 miles into it - I told her we would increase each time we walked seeing as how we only have 3 weeks left to work up to the 3.2 miles.
Uncle Bill came over and played with the kids for a bit and visited with Rob unfortunately by the time I got off the phone with my Mom (thanking her for being so great) Uncle Bill had left and I really didn't have a chance to talk to him. The kids has strayed to the neighbors trampoline and Nick just needed to sleep. I finally got Nick inside but spent about 10 minutes running from the front door to the back door trying to stop him from going back out. We finally got him downstairs and busy and I finally got Ellie inside. Ellie took a bath while Nick watched what he wanted on Netflix and then they switched out. I fixed dinner - not the best dinner I have ever fixed but everyone seemed to be fine with it.
Nick and Ellie ate downstairs to watch Eloise while Rob and I ate upstairs. We joined them for a min- movie night - they had until 7:00. Rob took Nick up but it took him forever to fall asleep - the rain is seriously a prayer answered considering the neighbors party. Ellie went up for bed and here I am blogging. Somethings I have learned over the last day or so - I have been all wrong on the Katy Pery and Lady Gaga wig thing - I need Shakira wigs. I decided to let my hair down last night and left it down today it totally lives up to my high school license plates of "WOL" which my Mom always said was short for "Woman on the Loose". Out of control hair - Shakira hair which doesn't come in purple, pink and blue. This weekend was awesome - a way to break up the usual. I have started to realize the xeolda side effect I have seen before - shortly after taking my dose my mouth gets a gross taste, it isn't metallic- it is just gross and I need to either pop a tic tac or some other sweet. My hands are still very dry and red and my feet have started to hurt today but I only have 2 more days - I can do 2 more days. Visualising my healthy body, my continued un-remarkable xeloda course and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Thanks...I can't stop the waterworks. You know I'm in a weird place...I haven't had a dry day in weeks. I'm so happy that we have the relationship we have. We are lucky. Our whole family is lucky. It was rare way back in Ms. Conlon's class for families to eat together...we seem to enjoy each other enough to do it with regularity. It is very rewarding to me that I have two wonderful daughters who have become my good friends. Between the three of us, maybe we need to be using WOL, Women on the Loose, instead of the WOW we've been using. OK, maybe both! I'm so glad you had such a rich weekend with some of my favorite gals from the past. You can do 2 more days! Love ya, Mom P.S. This is my 1st use of the new computer!

    ReplyDelete