Saturday, October 9, 2010

Beautiful Saturday

I stayed up after rob went up - called Mom and talked to her for an hour or so. There was nothing on tv last night so I settled for food network and fell asleep on the couch sometime after midnight. Around 2AM I made my was upstairs to find a little body in my spot - I moved Nick back to his room and fell asleep. Rob did a side job this morning so it was just me and the kiddos. We all got up together and went downstairs and had breakfast. It was just a relaxing morning here - no garage sales worth leaving the house for. The kids didn't have baths last night so we did bath time this morning. I texted Jo to see what she was doing and we ended up getting picked up by the whole gang (Mom, Dad, Jo and T) and went to the dollar store. My kids go nuts in dollar stores because everything "is just a dollar." It wasn't so bad today - we ended up with a pack of plastic skeleton heads, dress up hats and a ball - not bad.
We ran to Home Goods so Jo could look for a new shower curtain - no luck but she did find a pot she bought. We came home and Uncle Dean arrived just minutes after we did. We played outside and enjoyed the day - Nick cruised around in his jeep, Ellie on her bike, there was some hide and seek and tag and even some impromptu t-ball. For the most part the kids behaved and were good to one another. It was nice to visit with Dean.
After Dean left we cleaned up the kids and were on our way to Old Orchard to meet Uncle Bill for dinner. It was nice to go out and eat - Ellie and Nick behaved and we actually got some adult conversation in. After dinner we walked around the mall a bit - I haven't been in Old Orchard in years - haven't really missed much. We went in a couple stores but there was absolutely nothing worth buying. We walked back toward the cars and said goodnight to Uncle Bill. We came home and had bath time - again. The kids played for a bit after their bath before having vitamins and getting ready for bed. Ellie and I watched food network while Rob got Nick to sleep - it was nice we cuddled up together and I braided her hair and did her nails. I told her about the big surprise for next weekend - we will be attending an American Girl Fashion Show Tea - she was super excited and asked if I would help her pick out the best outfit for Kit (her doll).
Rob finished with Nick and Ellie went up to bed. I am enjoying a glass of wine and blogging. Ok - so I don;t think the ring has come out and I am running out of time. I inspected all my incisions today and found a pointy spot and pulled at it - I think it was an undissolved suture - kind of gross. It is so nice we have no real plans for the weekend - no pressure to get anywhere or do anything. Tomorrow we definitely need to take Ellie shoe shopping - along with her legs and arms growing her feet have also grown and she needs new running shoes - maybe even 2 pairs so 1 pair can dry out and breathe while the other is worn. Probably get Nick some new shoes too - he is down to a couple pairs of crocs that fit - I don't think his gym shoes fit him. I am tired today - not that I did anything terribly energy reducing today - just tired. Visualising my healthy body, my continued healthy recovery and new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment