Monday, October 25, 2010

Last does of xeloda taken!!!

I sort of knew I was in trouble last night after my afternoon nap but hey what else is there to do on a Sunday night? I watched food network and went up to sleep around 1:00AM - except I had slept on the hot pad (it turns off automatically) but it didn't stop the sweat from starting and I was actually cold by the time I got upstairs. Nick slept in his bed without any disturbances until 7:15AM but since I am accustomed to being up a couple times a night I kept waking up. We got up and got dressed - I got Ellie and Nick breakfast and I finished packing Ellie's lunch. We all walked to the bus - got Ellie on and then Nick and I came home. I called Mom to find out what her plans were - I needed to hit Target but she had her fill last week - so Nick and I went.
We really just needed staples, toilet paper, frozen waffles, milk but we looked through Halloween and cruised perimeter clearance. I did a quick run through boys clothes because Nick has ripped knees in all the sweat pants that fit him - time for some replacements. Nick had mentioned throughout the store he was cold - it was a bit cold in the grocery section but by the time we were in clothes it felt fine but not to him - I put a sweatshirt in the cart and he quickly put it on. We came home and un-loaded and called Mom to let her know we were home. Mom said she would come by to pick us up and we would head out to do a produce run. Nick watched a dvd on the car ride and Mom and I got to visit and enjoy the last of the pretty fall colors. We found the cutest thing at the market - Scarrots - individual bags of baby carrots with glow in the dark tattoos - I picked some up for school.
We stopped at Salvation on the way back here to see if they had a belt that would work for Tony's costume - we were successful. We came back here for lunch and Nick had a couple huge fits because he was frustrated I wasn't figuring out what he was talking about. We ate and then Nick got to do one of his water art kits while Mom and I read some magazines. We went for some quiet time in the back room while we waited for it to be time to get Ellie. Nick rode his trike and we went off to find the bus - Nick looked for good leaves. Ellie came in and started her homework right away. I convinced Ellie we should walk before the rain came - she agreed. We walked out with Mom and got Nick in the stroller and we were on our way. We realized about 6 blocks into our walk that the pedometer that Ellie found was not working - it read that we had walked 10 steps. We walked about 1.3 miles again - we will build up next time.
We came home and the kids went downstairs to play - I did a bit more research online to try to find the perfect laptop replacement. Rob got home and we visited for a bit before he went to find out what the kids were up to. We have been getting about 3 political calls a day - the new phones Rob bought have a feature that we can now block calls from certain phone numbers - so each time they come in we block them. It only somewhat helps because they just keep coming - the one this evening was "Hi, this is Jenny. I was raped when I was 18..." that is when I hung up - don't even know who it was for but it quickly got blocked. Only 8 more days of this crap but we live in the Chicagoland area so we will then have all the mayoral commercials.
I started dinner while Rob got Nick and Ellie in and out of the tub. We had a nice dinner together talking about what an awesome job Ellie did with her most recent AR reading test. We had vitamins, I had my final dose of xeloda and then Rob took Nick up to bed. Ellie sat with me and we filled in her reading chart and she re-read a book so she could write the story board for it. On day 14 of xeloda I finally figured out what side effects I hadn't had yet and then they hit. During my pre-op xeloda I had daily radiation so I wasn't quite sure which treatment to blame for different side effects. I never really gave a second thought to diarrhea because I have Scarlett - wrong. I am done now and have about 3 weeks to re-cooperate before starting again. Visualising my healthy body, my side effects going away quickly and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

3 comments:

  1. That call was an anti-Bill Brady one. At least in the Chicago mayoral race we won't be getting robocalls in the suburbs.
    Congratulations on finishing up this round of xeloda!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. What exactly is a does? Glad you're done with round 1. On to Girls on the Run! Where is the time going? Dad doesn't see Gallai until 8:00, so tomorrow will work out if you want. We'll talk in the morning. Computers? Costume stuff? Sanity? Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. T... Check out Rob's teachers' discount on Apple.com. You won't ever be disappointed in a Mac even if it is a little pricier from the getgo. I'm on my 2nd (Sarah has my 1st) and it truly has become a staple in my life (it will be much more so if I ever get the gumption to continue my book). Miss you bunches already and cannot wait for New Years so we can hopefully laugh Scarlet into a tizzy again! Love you... Jules

    ReplyDelete