Saturday, October 16, 2010

Adventures out West

I learned from my mistake and took my ativan nice and early last night - this could be why I went up to bed before midnight. Nick snuck into our bed sometime during the night but the good news was everyone kind of slept in this morning. We had a sped up morning because we had to get Ellie to Catherine's birthday party in Hoffman Estates. It was a beautiful ride with all the tress and bushes turning colors.
We dropped Ellie off at the party which was at a pet store with a huge aquarium and then Rob, Nick and I did some thrifting. Unfortunately, there were not too many bargains to be had - Rob got some industrial tool boxes, I picked up a dress for Ellie and Nick found a Harry Potter hat. We had lunch and Rob and Nick ran into the wood working shop while I cleaned the car out. We went back to pick Ellie up and the kids checked out the pets for a little while longer. I was just so excited that we didn't have any arguments about pets coming home - some other parents did.
We said our goodbyes and were on our way back home - we promised the kids a trip to the library on our way home. I worked with Ellie to find some new books and Rob played with Nick in the kid area. I found that the craft room was open and the kids went in to color some Halloween pages.
I was able to find one of the books on the shelf I was looking to check out - the others will have to wait until people return them. Rob got a couple too and we checked out and came home. Rob told the kids he would take them outside so I could take a nap but Nick had other plans and was quickly banished inside the house with me. Nick and his jeep will be spending a couple days apart - he used it to terrorize the neighbors decorations today. I finally got him to clam down and we watched some Halloween episodes of his favorite shows but I guess when I finally fell asleep him got up and left because Ellie was yelling in the house that Nick was outside.
I went back in and did take my nap while Rob watched the kids play outside but the kids kept coming in and out of the front door and making a ton of noise so it wasn't so peaceful but still a nap. I went out to play with the kids for a while before it was time to come in and do bath and dinner time. Nick had socks on and still had dirt in between his toes - yuck. We had left over night again just needed to chicken sausages and some fruit. Dad dropped by to drop off Sweetest Day treats - my Mom took care of my overwhelming desire for homemade chocolate chip (3 different kinds) cookies. Mom made mint meringues for the kids - which Nick felt the need to pick apart.
Rob took Nick up for bedtime and Ellie and I snuggled and started her new library book. Ellie went up when Nick was asleep and I am sitting here blogging. Nothing too terrible going on today - just tired. Visualising my healthy body, my non-remarkable xeolda course and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment