Thursday, October 28, 2010

No clever title - just Thursday

Rob got home a bit before 10PM last night and I caught him up on the day, had a cup of tea together and made it about half way through the news before he went up to bed. I watched crappy cable - couldn't even tell you what I watched but I went up around midnight. Mom and I have been both holding off on turning on our heat - you look at the 5 day outlook and there is a sunny day in the 60s and you think it will warm up the house but I gave in this morning - so did Mom. Rob was up too early and back at work - Nick crawled in with me to keep warm.
Ellie was up early and went down to eat breakfast. Nick and I got up and that is when I realized the house was cold. I got Nick some breakfast and Ellie informed me it was "formal day" for red ribbon week - I told her it was too cold to wear a dress or skirt to school - felt a bit guilty later. Nick and I were a bit late than Ellie walking to the bus and he was in meltdown mode because I wouldn't let him drive his trike - which was put away so it didn't blow away during the wind storm.
He was very insistent he was not going to school today but I was able to "disguise" going to school again. I had a couple bags with me when we left for school - I needed to run by Mom's and drop off some food and change Scarlett. I told him a couple blocks into our ride that it was pre-school day - he was ok by the time we got to school. I went to Mom's house and put the food in the fridge and then we got ready to change Scarlett. Tony has never been there when we change Scarlett and hopped up on the bed to watch. Without even seeing Scarlett he was talking about my oowies. When the "bandage" came off Tony started talking about James (from Thomas) and the circus - it is a particular episode of Thomas that has clown like lips - I guess Scarlett looks like James as a clown.
I sat with them for a couple minutes before I had to get moving and Tony gave me the best laugh of the day. He would sit in the glider and give me a huge devious smile and say - Oh crap. Mom would tell him that wasn't a nice thing to say - he should say oh no. Tony would say oh no about a dozen times then give me the look and say oh crap. I couldn't prevent the laughing - I had to go because it was seriously breaking me up. I stopped off at the store to pick up some things for lunch and then came home to do a bit of straightening up - Christi and Susannah were coming over for a play date after school. I went to pick up Nick from school and found that they had let the kids outside early - Nick saw my car and instantly called out Mama!
We came home and I pre-heated the oven - I had picked up some snickerdoodles (Holly Hobbies favorite cookie) when I was at the store. Nick washed his hands and helped me with the cookies and then he danced for a bit while watching out the window for his girlfriend to arrive. I made sandwiches for the kids and made a pasta bake for Christi and me. Nick hid in his box when they arrived and sprung out like a Jack-in-the-box to "scare" them. We ate lunch and visited - talking about Halloween and school and life. Su'nana and Nick went to play and Christi and I had some time to visit and catch up. Our very dear friend I have been asking for your extra thoughts, prayers and wishes for is Susannah - she will be having surgery tomorrow morning. Christi and I talked about a bit about that and I gave her something she had shared with me about 6 weeks ago - faith.
I shared it with you the night before my surgery - my best girlfriend, Christi, dropped by a small metal "stone" marked faith for me to help me through my journey. I have been collecting beads for a bracelet for her for her birthday but it seemed more appropriate to give her today - it had a faith bead, a ying yang for balance and an angel to help her through - along with other special beads. We picked up a sing-a-ma-jig for Susannah last night, too - I figured she should be able to get hours of entertainment from it. It was a great afternoon - the kids painted gourds for Halloween - each very different and then they played downstairs and up.
Christi and Su'nana left right before the bus came - Nick and I walked to get Ellie - again meltdown mode - this time because of his lack of Woody apparel. We got back to the house and got Ellie set to go to run - filled her water bottle and she put another layer on. We dropped Ellie off at school and Nick and I went to OfficeMax to get some copies made for the party tomorrow and pick up metal fasteners. The man behind the counter at OfficeMax was incapable of multi-tasking and 45 minutes later Nick and I abandoned our card stock weight copies and opted for regular old white paper - inefficiency at its ultimate best. We were timed perfectly to see Ellie run her last lap and we were out in front to pick her up.
We got home and Ellie finished her homework while Nick had a snack and had some quiet time. I got started working on the baked goodies for Ellie's party tomorrow - we made cupcakes and brownies - I think I might have the kids frost their own but I am not sure yet. Rob got home early and he came with a Binny's bag full of wine - we have been out for a couple days now - woo freakin hoo (I cannot have aspirin or advil for the 7 days prior to the port and the wine takes to edge off). I did realize at OfficeMax this afternoon that my hand had turned red - very apparent next to Nick's regular looking hands - thank you xeloda.
Ellie and Nick both presented us with a costume show while I finished up baking. There were some very entertaining options - mostly Nick. We had dinner and Rob gave the kids baths while I got the goodie bag stuff ready for tomorrow. Rob and the kids watched Shrek-tacular while I got bags ready for both Nick and Ellie's classes. Rob took Nick up for bed and I had some cuddle time with Ellie. Costume update - not quite sure what Nick will decide tomorrow morning (I told him Harry Potter Lego Robot was out for tomorrow), Ellie is going to be a cheerleader and Rob is going to be a doctor - complete with the kids Fisher Price medical bag. I am not sure what I am dressing in for school - I have the cure Halloween Mom shirts - not sure if it will be that or a costume.
I am again asking for your help with positive thoughts, wishes and prayers for our very dear friend, Nick's girlfriend, my other girl, Susannah - she will have her surgery tomorrow morning and I know she will do just fine but I also know the power of collective positive thinking - thanks for helping me out. Visualising mt healthy body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment