Saturday, October 23, 2010

Technically it is Saturday but this is my Friday post

I watched crappy tv last night - I think they were even episodes I have seen before. I heard footsteps upstairs around midnight and didn't know if they were from bedroom to bathroom footsteps of from bedroom to bedroom footsteps - I waited 30 minutes and found out they were the latter. I didn't have the energy to try to move Nick so I left him in bed with Rob and just tried to make some room for myself - bad decision because there is simply not enough room to be three in the bed for that many hours anymore.
Ellie got up a bit before Nick and I did and went downstairs and got herself breakfast. I got out some of Ellie's Halloween clothes because they will be all wrong in another week or so and called her upstairs because I was pretty sure none of the 10/12 size pants were going to fit - I was right - they are now nice crop length. She picked out the cutest Hanna Andersson turtleneck and some jeans and I brought Nick down some clothes. We got out coats on and walked Ellie to the bus stop - Nick riding his trike and collecting leaves along the way. Ellie left and Nick and I came back home and warmed up. I enjoyed my bowl of coffee while Nick had another bowl of cereal. I called Mom and decided Nick and I would go over there for a play date with her and Tony.
We got to Mom's and the boys played with trains for a bit - we had bought Max & Ruby's Halloween dvd with us and they watched that on and off. Mom and I looked at some things on ebay and I found some clips of the circus online to show the boys - we are planning on going with Jo and T when it comes to town. Mom made the boys some snick snack lunch and we had to make up a song and a dance to get them to eat it but it worked. I played a couple rounds of I'm gonna get your doopa - which is simply me chasing the boys and lightly pinching their diapered butts - so much fun. It was getting to be about that time so Nick and I gave out hugs and kisses and left to come home.
Nick gave me some cuddle time on the couch before it was time to get Ellie. He was pretty funny - this morning he woke up asking about preschool and if he had it today - I said no. He then questioned more - why doesn't he have school today - hmmm- I really don't know what is going through this kids head. We walked down to get Ellie from the bus and I told the kids they would be going with Rob to the Spooktacular tonight and we needed to find costumes that weren't too hot because there was going to be jumpy jumps there. Ellie picked out a cheerleader costume that we could put pants under and Nick went as James from Thomas. Rob got home and took the kids outside to play and I took a shower. I had marvelous plans for the evening - I was having dinner with 2 very good old friends, Dena and Julie. I have known Dena since kindergarten and Jules since 6th grade. Rob and the kids left and I waited for Julie to come by - she called me and told me every East bound street had detours - Touhy, Oakton - so she was on Dempster but on a Friday night she was running late. I let Dena know and she nicely put her name on the restaurants list for 7:30. Julie got here and we headed downtown Evanston (Julie moved about 15 years ago so it was reminiscent time) for dinner. We met Dena outside and went in to discover our table was ready for us quickly. We talked for quite a bit before looking at the menu and actually ordering. I have had the best therapy I can have - I have laughed, I have cried (because I laughed so hard) and I have made use of the all encompassing "wow". It was great to catch up - it has been about a year since we were last all together - about 6 weeks since I last saw Jules.
I am taking a whatever happens in vegas stays in vegas stand toward this evenings conversation but will provide the cliff notes - speedyway, shoneys, sparty (see the theme) we aren't discussing certain years or states - I know this makes no sense to the majority of people who do read my blog but it is filling my eyes with tears as I am laughing typing this. Jules and I had plans for a wine night but ironically the waiter never asked if we wanted drinks - probably for the better. We watched as one by one the tables around us left and the waiter came to ask if we could pay our bill so they could close out their system - we were getting kicked out - that is how good of a time we were having. We finally made our way outside just to talk for a while longer - it was a gorgeous night and we were still entertaining each other. We said our goodbyes and gave great hugs to each other - as Jules and I were walking to the parking lot I asked her if she was tired or if she felt like a walk. We walked around downtown Evanston looking at all the things that have changed - we did walk past a group of "boys" probably Northwester "boys" but they ended up walking behind us and I think we were getting scoped out - highly ego boosting.
Laughter is a powerful medicine and I got a super dose tonight - Julie is probably going to kill me but the best laugh came when she was trying to tell us about a park off Central Street in Evanston and said it wasn't far from the Evanston Theatre - the theatre itself hasn't been open in over a decade and is currently vacant land - sorry Jules, I had to. We did notice that Evanston shuts down at like 11:00PM - until we got to the corner of Sherman and Lake and then we found out where the alcohol is served and laughed at the people stumbling around.
We walked back to the car and I drove Jules past her old house and other changing things through Evanston. We got to my house and I am sure we could have talked for another couple hours but Jules had to get back to Elk Grove and my house was dark. Interestingly enough the neighbors house has every light on - including strobes and the kids screaming (at 12:30AM) and then their motion sensor decorations began going off. We hugged our like 10th goodbye and finally called it a night - hoping to see each other around New Years. I have had the best night - I know I could never do it every night but to laugh like I did tonight and just tell and hear stories of old times was priceless - thank you friends. So, here it is a bit past 1:00AM - a time I am accustomed to however I need to wind down before I can go up to sleep.
I have more adventures tomorrow - I have another friend from high school passing through town and we have a lunch date - I am hoping for more laughter. Well, the repeat of the 10:00 news is on - that might make me sleepy - I am high on friendship endorphins currently and need some zen. Random thought, I wore my hair down tonight and it is crazy hair - it was in control when I left but it now might be as wide as it is long - wind blown and not looking so pretty. I also was outbid on the Katy Pery purple wig I was bidding on - humph. Just saw it was the Northwestern Homecoming parade tonight - might explain the un-ruly alcohol induced people Jules and I saw walking along.
Visualising my healthy body, the last 3 days of my un-remarkable xeloda course and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment