Sunday, October 10, 2010

What a perfect Sunday

Rob went up mid way through the news and I found the world's most bizarre and funny movie on cable - Nothing But Trouble with John Candy and Chevy Chase -great retro movie from the 1990s. After that was over I found Romy & Michelle was just beginning and I had only caught it mid way through the other night. Our house was so hot last night but you can't turn on the a/c in October - it is just wrong. Our bedroom was no better than the rest of the house and even through I went up after 2 movies I watched the clock for over an hour. I got to sleep in this morning (not that I don't sleep in every morning) but real sleep in where Nick is not trying to finger torture me or eye lid poking. The kids were in the basement playing and Rob had heard me coming and filled my coffee cup. I read the paper and was hoping to find some good gym shoes sales but I was un-inspired my the ads.
I showered and we all got dressed and we headed out for our family adventure day. It took the 5th store to actually find gym shoes in Ellie's size - a ladies 6 (but they were the same length as the girls 4.5). Along the way we stopped at Goodwill and Walmart - got a new dvd player and a new power wheels battery so both Nick and Ellie came ride in their jeeps. On the way I saw a banner for a fall festival at Ryerson woods so we came back home that way and went to the fest. We arrived just in time for Rob and the kids to jump in for a wagon ride around the woods. I explored the welcome center and found that they had crafts and a whole itinerary of events. I waited for the crew to get back from their ride and we went in to do the crafts - they make ears of corn with paper and buttons and bats from egg cartons. We also got to see some of the animals that live in the woods - a very long snake, a turtle and frog (these were all living) then they had stuffed squirrels, owls, fox and a deer tail and foot. We went outside and got to see an owl up close, a bee keeper and his honey bees and a lady who made bird feeders from squash. We walked through the farm and saw the chickens and roosters and the biggest turkey ever. The kids got to dress up and stuff a scarecrow and try some vintage farm games. It was awesome - it wasn't crowded at all and honestly it was hot but a gorgeous day.
Our last stop was Nordstrom Rack where we finally found shoes - after trying on about a dozen pairs we found 2 pairs that fit and one was even 50% off. We didn't luck out on the Nick gym shoe front but we did get him a new pair of crocs. The check out line was incredibly long so Rob took the kids outside. I came out to Nick's face being side walk burned - they were walking around a concrete planter and Nick fell. We came home and packed the kids up - they are having an overnight at Mom and Dad's tonight. Nick was kind of a basket case all he wanted to do was ride his jeep today and he thought since we were home that was what we were going to do. Nick wanted to wear his new shoes to Mom and Dad's (they are like Tony's but in a different color). We drove to Mom and Dad's - Jo and Tony arrived after us. Mom and I had a glass of wine and it kind of went straight to our heads. We ordered El Famous for dinner - except I forgot my favorite things - nachos have a layer of lettuce and tomatoes I cannot have so eating was a bit tedious.
After dinner Mom and Ellie helped me change Scarlett - the excellent news is Scarlett has lost a dress size and is down to 1". The annoying news is the new convex wafer are super sticky and even when they seem to be ready to be removed - they are not. I guess it is good from the aspect of that wafer is never going to come off by accident. Rob and I gave the kiddos hugs and kisses and headed home - we had plans to take a walk and enjoy the lovely weather. Rob walked ahead by a step or two so I know I am not walking as quickly as I normally do or maybe he was doing it out of chivalry and was breaking all the spider webs before they hit me.
I have my CT scan tomorrow morning so dinner is it for food until after the scan tomorrow. I also see Dr. Muldoon in the afternoon - busy hospital day. Visualising my healthy body, my continued healthy recovery and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment