Friday, October 29, 2010

Parties, parties everywhere

I think I passed out on the couch quickly after Rob went upstairs last night - I didn't make it up until almost 2 though. Nick came into out room and the poor boy was freezing on all his exposed skin - I guess we need to go up not one but two sizes in pjs for him. Everyone slept in this morning - the alarm went off and I got up - Nick stayed asleep but I had to wake Ellie up (and I never have to do that).
Ellie and I went down and I got her breakfast and got her clothes ready for the day. I packed up a portion of the stuff for the party for Ellie to take with her to school - I would bring the rest with me. I got Ellie off to the bus and then went to wake Nick up - he woke up happy. He decided to be James (from Thomas) for the preschool party this morning. Interestingly enough he asked if he had preschool and I said yes it was the party and trick or treating and there were no arguments. He got dressed, we got out of the house, into the car and into school without tears, yelling or meltdowns. I took him into school and got his coat off and costume on and I was on my way. I came home and got the final stuff ready for the party - I made sheets of kids jokes and a word challenge. I got all my bags packed and it was time to pick up Nick. I pulled up and all the kids were coming out to take group pictures - I thought I had my camera but only had my phone but snapped a couple anyways.
Nick and I stopped off at the store to pick up milk for the party and then came home and Nick and I had some lunch. Nick had some down time and watched Clifford - did a costume change - Superman for the afternoon. I loaded the car and we were off to Ellie's school. Nick was such a big helper asking what he could carry for me. When we got to the class the kids were already dressed and we were just waiting for the last few to finish. While Mrs. Bart read the kids a Halloween book I was able to get the snacks plated and all the craft pages collated. We all went out to the hall - one of the cool things about the school is for Halloween the kids - 5th grade and under dress up and have a costume parade - the 6th-8th graders cheer the younger kids on. As the younger kids pass through each grade level the older kids watch and have such positive energy - you feel like you are on the football team coming out into the stadium.
We walked the parade and came back to the room - we had our snacks and did our crafts - this is a quiet bunch this year - very low key. We came home after school and I told the kids I needed to just sit down for a couple minutes - they counted their candy and played downstairs together. I went down a little while later and they were playing kitchen and coloring. Rob got home and we were actually able to visit for a bit because the kids were so involved in playing. We ordered pizza for dinner and I went to pick it up while the kids played some more. We had dinner and then Rob tried to get Nick to sleep - I think he had too much activity today and was squirmy and would not go to sleep for Rob. Ellie and I went up and I traded off with Rob - he tucked Ellie in and I was able to get Nick to sleep.
I am trying to warm up - I thought the laptop would help but my feet are freezing. It was a long day but we all had fun - it is wonderful to dress up and pretend. I had tried on a couple things and "modeled" for Nick before we went to school. I put on a dress that has been in my closet for 12 years - it not only fit but fit better than it did 12 years ago - I could use it for a witch - Nick said no. I also tried on the dress I wore for Jo's wedding - doesn't fit so well anymore - it just kind of hangs off me - this was an eye opening situation. I have lost weight but I still am wearing the same clothing - it just fits differently but the dress I had fitted to me 4 years ago is no longer fitted to me. I thank everyone who kept our little friend Susannah in their thoughts and prayers - I haven't heard anything from Christi yet but will update when I do hear. Visualising my healthy body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment