Thursday, October 14, 2010

I am tired and cold

I went up relatively early last night - I watched Top Chef - Just Desserts and went up a bit after 11PM and was pretty quickly asleep. Normal morning here - Nick started his chanting of not wanting to go to school before he woke up. Ellie got off to the bus - I got nick dressed and then he hid under the table so I couldn't grab him to get to school. He cried the entire way there and stopped once we got to school (a bit early) and we played on the playground but as soon as the bell rang for the students he flipped out again - it was reassuring to see another boy doing the same thing.
I went to Mom's for a solo visit with T-Bone. Mom and I loaded a bunch of free kid apps on their iPad and played them with T. By far the favorite thing we did this morning was echoing each others sounds. Soon - it was time to go pick Nick up and sure enough he ran to me with his huge smile saying he had another great day. Nick told me about his day and everything he did and told me the usual - that he didn't make any friends today because they were too busy. We came home and had lunch - we had an afternoon play date with Christi and Su'Nana. I put a call into Margaret and left a message asking about my CT scan results which I still haven't heard anything back on. I am thinking no news is good news and the fact that my previous scans always just showed the tumor and nodes but it would be nice to have some resolution on this.
Christi called and we said we'd meet at Oakton Park - the sun stayed hidden and the temperature seemed to drop and I was freezing.
The kids had a great time playing and exploring together - Christi and I had a chance to talk and laugh. We had to say goodbye to get back to get the girls off the bus - as we pulled in Rob was happily waiting to get Ellie. I retired to the couch with my hot pad and a blanket and slept. I am not sure if this is already a side effect from the xeloda or just the Fall weather but I can barely keep my eyes open. Rob took Ellie to run and picker her up and they came home and played - I woke up a bit after 5.
We heated up dinner and had dinner together - Nick, the nutball, was rubbing mango all around his face - no wonder he has this rash all around his mouth. Rob took Nick up for a bath while Ellie had dessert and got her pjs on. We all cuddled up on the couch and watched Unwrapped on food network - Mom bought the kids snuggies and they were both wearing them to cuddle - too funny. Rob took Nick up for bedtime - he just told me Nick didn't want to take his snuggie off so we will have to pull his arms out soon so he doesn't kill himself. Ellie went up and was quickly asleep, too. I made some hot tea in hopes of warming up - Rob joined me - it did help.
Nothing really to complain about today other than the tiredness and being cold - I switched sides on my Scarlett belt and now the little plastic adjusty piece isn't hitting me in my lower back so my lower back isn't hurting as much. I totally need a session with Patricia - haven't seen her in 2 weeks - I need to call and see if I can get in tomorrow if not I am thinking a pedicure might be an acceptable second. Visualising my healthy body, an un-remarkable xeloda course and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Patricia would be good for you now. If that doesn't work, make sure you go back the place with the great massage chair! It would be nice if sleepiness was your only xeloda side effect...it might be helpful with the bedtime routine! Thanks for setting up the kid apps....love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete