Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Woohoo Wednesday

I stayed up and watched Cake Boss and 19 Kids and Counting (TLC programs tend to put me to sleep). I fell asleep on the couch, again - woke up around 1:30 and went to bed. Nick came in to our room as Rob was leaving and then Ellie woke up early. We got up and got dressed, ate breakfast - Ellie had come down ahead of us and she packed her own lunch. We walked Ellie to the bus stop - Nick drove along on his trike. On the way back home Nick started his daily mantra of not wanting to go the preschool. I got all our stuff together and told Nick we were ready to leave when he ran out the door saying he'd meet me at the car - I thought I was in good shape but 20 seconds later when I locked the house and was at the car he wasn't there. I threw our stuff in the car and started yelling for him and saw his head peek out of the top of the playhouse in the backyard. I was able to trick him down because there was no way I was crawling up there to get him and I grabbed him and got him into his seat - it way only 8:50 but I was exhausted.
We drove to preschool talking about how he really does enjoy preschool when he is there and he agreed - he walked in again without crying or pulling at me. I dropped by Niles North to drop off Rob's phone to him before coming home and cleaning. I really haven't cleaned since I have been home - I have bagged things up to sort through when I felt better - I tackled the bags today. The nice thing about this system is a bunch of stuff is so much easier to sort a month or so after you put it out of sight. By the time it was time to pick Nick up from school I had a bag of garbage, 3 bags for donation and a tons of stuff put back where it belongs - I was also able to vacuum up all the little leaves that tracked in the house.
I picked up a content Nick from school and we went over to Mom's to play with T-Bone - Nick and T haven't played in so long. We picked up shakes on our way but arrived to find T was taking his nap. Nick played with the train set for a bit before T woke up - he sat up and said Gramma, Nicky is here. They played with the trains together - I shared my shake with T. Mom got the boys lunch and neither one of them could stop playing to eat - too involved. I had found 2 bubble necklaces while cleaning and brought them with - so I took the boys outside to blow bubbles. They were very cute together, side by side blowing (and eating) bubbles. Mom came out to join in the fun and do some fall foliage pruning and boys started rolling in the grass and leaves. We finally got the boys to come inside and Nick and I got our stuff ready to come home.
We walked down to get Ellie from the bus and came inside so Ellie could do her homework before going outside to play - it turned out to be a gorgeous fall day.
We raked leaves into some piles and the kids jumped through them and in them and all around them. We eventually came in and had baths to wash all the leaves and dirt away and got the kids into pjs. While the kids did dance party in the living room I worked in the back room and got some more stuff put away. Mom came over and the kids helped her make guacamole and lemonade for dinner. Dad called to say he was on his way and he picked up Chicken Inn on his way. Ellie helped me make brownies for dessert and I worked a bit on the kitchen. I feel so successful in my first post-op cleaning session the entire first floor looks so much better. Dad got here and we ate dinner - Nick asked to watch some tv and I put a blanket over him - really thought he might fall asleep on the couch.
Mom and Ellie helped me change Scarlett and then Mom and Dad cruised on home. Rob had let me know he'd be home late tonight but in time to put the kids to bed. I had started getting them ready as Rob walked in the door with a bloody finger - I told Rob to take a shower and I would start reading to Nick. We traded places and I went down with Ellie and Rob finished getting Nick to sleep. Ellie went up and here I am blogging. I got out stuff for Rob's finger and he came down and ate dinner before fixing his finger.
I am not sure if it because I am washing my hands way more or because the hand and foot syndrome has started but my hands are dry beyond belief and red. I am leaning toward hand and foot because they are red - my feet are still okay though. Visualising my healthy body, my un-remarkable xeloda course and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Start using the tub of cream with shea butter...it is great stuff. Your house looks wonderful! Mine..... Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete