Sunday, October 17, 2010

It has been a day

So, I mis-judged last night and thought since the xeloda has been making me sleepy I would try to cut down my nightly does to 1.5mg instead of 2 - I totally am the person who needs the sugar pill because I took my 1.5mg after Rob went up to bed at 8:45 and I made it through the 10:00 news without a yawn. There was NOTHING on tv last night and I was forced to turn to "on-demand" and the only thing that shout out to me was Sister Wives on TLC - I know, I know there and 1,000s of other things on demand but was the drama du jour. I watched the entire first season on demand and was still not sleepy - at midnight I gave in and had another glass of wine hoping I would start to daze off during the last episode - no luck.
I went up to bed and about 20 minutes after I got up Nick came walking into our room and I took him back to his bed and waited until he fell asleep - It was about 2:00 before I fell asleep - could that .5mg really make that much of a difference or is it just entirely in my mind? Nick was up around 6:30 and Rob got up and went downstairs but he left Nick to irritate me - did I mention Rob had about 5 hours more sleep than me? I couldn't take the torture anymore and Nick and I headed downstairs around 7:30 - to my surprise Ellie was still sleeping. I walked Nick down and then tried to fall back to sleep in the living room but couldn't get comfortable enough - Rob even brought me a blanket. Ellie came down around 8:00 - Nick was so into whatever he was watching that he didn't notice Ellie coming in and sitting next to him and finally looked over and said Morning Ellie - about 10 minutes later.
Ellie and Nick went downstairs to play, I read the paper with Rob - we opened our Sweetest Day cards from yesterday. Ellie went upstairs to pick out Kit's clothes for the American Girl Fashion Show Tea today and Nick followed her but locked himself in the bathroom. I figured he would get bored and come out eventually but certain sounds were telling me he might be getting into trouble so I went upstairs. I asked him to unlock the door but he said he couldn't because his hands were slippery. I used my nail to turn the lock and discovered that Nick had pumped the entire bottle of soap out onto the wall, his step stool and the door - along with the soap on his hands and arms. I threw him into the tub and tried to get the layers of soap off his hands and arms - we just kept foaming.
Ellie and I got ready for our special day and I got Nick dressed - Rob took him outside to play. Ellie wanted to match Kit in color - so El wore a teal dress and so did Kit. Rob took Nick out for lunch while Ellie and I waited for Mom to pick us up. We had another nice day to drive for a bit in the car and enjoy the changing foliage. The tea was at the Marriott Lincolnshire and when we arrived we were led to the ballroom with pink, black and silver balloons. I checked us in and got our tickets and found out we were seated at table 1 - 1st table stage side. We went to pick out our seats and put our things down and then Ellie and I walked around to look at the different tables - we bought some raffle tickets and Ellie used her "Grams" money to get fashion show exclusive shoes, gloves and hair bow for Kit and some other hair decorations.
The tea's menu was created by Gale Gand from Tru in Chicago - delicious scones with cream, cucumber sandwiches, egg sandwiches & chicken sandwiches. They served the signature raspberry lemonade that they serve in the store downtown. The show itself was a hoot - Mom and I could barely keep it together for some of the models - too funny. After intermission they announced the door prize winners and raffle winners and I could see that Ellie was bummed out she didn't win. The show got funnier still after intermission but we got to sample some yummy desserts - Ellie was very fond of the butter cookies filled with a chocolate ganache. We made it out before the crowds at the end - thanks to a side entrance and got our last laugh as we watched a little girl in front of us who was all dressed up but must not have had any white socks because she had on majorly big white socks and the gray colored spot that should be on the back of your foot was half way up the back of her leg - it was just a "look".
We all talked on the way home about how we are proud that Ellie is the way she is and has manners and acts like a little girl - today was an eye opening experience into a different world. I texted Rob to let him know we were on our way home and he and Nick could meet us over at Mom's. They pulled up just the same time as Mom pulled into the driveway - Ellie was all too happy to tell Gramps and Rob all about her day. We ordered Chinese for dinner and while we waited to pick up food Nick and Dad played in the yard and Ellie worked on some paper dolls - Mom and I had a glass of red. While the boys went to pick up dinner Mom helped me change Scarlett - Ellie has been watching for the past couple weeks and tonight asked when she could help (obviously she wants to be more actively helping than watching) - Nick came to see what was going on tonight which led naturally into the conversation about why Nick cannot jump on me because I still haven't healed.
We finished dinner and had some of Mom's tasty triple chocolate chip cookies for dessert. We traveled home had vitamins, got pjs on and brushed teeth. Rob got Nick to bed and then Ellie went up and read to Rob for a while. I am feeling pretty good today - no nap and not really tired just a little bit of back pain. I told everyone at dinner tonight that if I continue to loose my hair at the rate it is falling out I will be wig bound soon - I think it is more stress than chemo since I really didn't have hair lose after 6 weeks of xeloda so I can't imagine it 6 days into it. I did get major resistance from Ellie when I said if I was going to loose my hair I was going to dye it purple - she was seriously upset. I explained that I would only do it if it was going to be majorly thin and what did it matter if I was going to loose it anyways. I figure it is my mild protest and I would cut it short before coloring it - my little rebellious scream at cancer. Visualising my healthy body, my un-remarkable xeloda course and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment