Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The organization continues

Rob went up last night and I watched tv until sometime around 2AM and then went up - Rob was up when I got into bed. Ellie was up early again and Nick and I woke up just before the alarm went off. It was cold and snowing this morning - Nick was forecasting a snowman. I made the kids bagels and packed Ellie her lunch. I switched loads of laundry and got Nick's pictures together for school (family picture day for star student). Ellie went off to the bus and I got the newspaper from outside and called Christi. We talked until I had to take nick to school and made plans to meet at Starbucks after the kids got out of school.
I took Nick to school and he was a bit hesitant today but made it in without tears. I headed to thrift - first stop yielded nothing. I stopped into Home Goods - nothing, Old Navy - socks and a fleece vest and Loehmans - nothing. I saw these scarves and hats I really liked the look of at Von Maur and I think I can make them so I stopped by Salvation again and looked for 100% wool sweaters I could felt and found 3 coordinating colors and found a couple sweaters for me (I have a whole new sweater wardrobe). I went to pick Nick up from school and he was so funny - I asked him about his family pictures and if he shared and he said he only let the kids look he didn't want them to touch his pictures.
We had a couple minutes to spare so we went to CVS to pick up the kids inhalers and then got to Starbucks just a few minutes before Christi and Susannah. We had a nice visit but it was cold in Starbucks today and the kids really wanted to play and not sit around and chat over a cup of coffee. We came home and I got to work shrinking my sweaters and then I got motivated to organize Ellie's closet. It took about 2 hours but now she can fit into everything that is accessible in her closet and it looks magazine ready. I also went through her dresser and organized those drawers.
I moved into Nick's room and worked with him on putting away his books and organizing his trains - we bagged up some stuff for Salvation and Nick was able to "find" some new things to play with that were buried under other things. We came down just before it was time to get Ellie off the bus - time enough to have some hot cocoa and tea. Ellie got off the bus just as we were grabbing Nick's mittens from the car.
Ellie went downstairs to do her homework and play while Nick watched a bit of tv. I put away our wedding train - Nick is not careful enough to play with it yet and it is so big it would be a choice between that and the tree. I vacuumed the first floor - it amazes me all the dust bunnies that come to life in a week. I let the organization bug continue and worked on our dining room table - the dumping ground for everything and got it clean enough to put on a holiday tablecloth.
Mom came over and Ellie and her read together while Nick played with his newly found alphabet train puzzle. Mom bought us an early Christmas present - a floor lamp for the back room so we can read without the big overhead light on. We asked Dad to pick up dinner on his way here tonight - we ordered in Chili's and it was so quiet as everyone ate - I think everyone was hungry.
I made brownies for dessert and they had just come out of the oven as we finished dinner - nothing better than a warm brownie. Nick and Dad went up to play with trains while Mom and Ellie helped me change Scarlett. Mom and dad left and Rob got Nick to bed - Ellie and I watched Throwdown on food network. Ellie just went up and I am here blogging. I feel so accomplished with my organizing. I still have the crappy cold stuff going on - runny nose and sore throat. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment