Thursday, December 23, 2010

Disconnect day

I am suffering from neurotoxicity and I do not like it. This will be another shortened post because my fingers aren't what they used to be. We made pancakes this morning - the kids mashed the bananas and helped out stirring. We tried to finish up our ornaments but still need one more day. Rob had to g into work for a little bit and then went to meet a friend for lunch.
The kids and I went to Kellogg for my disconnect. Nick wore his Santa hat and looked charming. I ran into Margaret while I was waiting for Deb to find me and mentioned the severity of the tinglies this time she said we would discuss the ocy dose next time. Deb flushed Plum and then pulled the IV out. I got my neulasta shot and Deb mentioned maybe I should consider acetyl-l-carnitine, it has been successful in helping other chemo patients with the neurotoxicity. We picked up a bottle at the pharmacy on our way out because I will try anything right now. The fingertips are just the start this time, its my toes, my jaw cramps when I take my first bite of food, if I happen to tear up I have eye cramps - it is crazy and I really don't like it.
We went to Mom and Dad's and the kids played with the Polar Express train with Dad. I kept Mom company while she did some baking and then we eventually were off to the butcher to pick up the chicken for dinner tomorrow night. We did a quick walk through a couple stores and then were back in the car to warm up. We stopped by the grocery store to pick up the last of Mom's list and then we went back to their house.
I helped Mom with a project and she glued the bows on some ornaments for me. The kids played with the train and watched a dvd, had some cocoa and then we were on our way home for movie night. The kids pulled out the couch and watched Santa Clause while I got some dinner plated up. Ellie and Rob ran over the gifts for our neighbors - I needed to make some room in the kitchen. We got to the kids to bed early tonight - we have had a bunch of later nights and we know tomorrow will be late too.
Wishing all my family and friends a Merry Christmas. Visualising my healthy and continually recovering body, for this neurotoxicity to be gone and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment