Monday, December 6, 2010

Oh it is cold

I forgot to take my ativan last night and was wondering why I was so hyper still at 11PM - I took it and went up to bed a bit after midnight. Nick was already in our bed (I found out after talking to Rob this morning that he had just come in - if I knew that I would have tried to re-locate him back into his bed). Not a great night of sleep for any of us - Nick was extremely thirsty again and he tossed and turned most of the night. Ellie was already up and I let Nick sleep in - I came down with clothes for Ellie and went to work packing her lunch. Nick woke up a bit before Ellie left for school - again with a temperature but at least he was eating and drinking today. I bundled Ellie up (it was about 10 degrees when she left) and she waited for the neighbors to come out before they walked together to the bus - except the bus wasn't coming - Tina gave them a ride to school.
I talked to Mom and we decided we should go grocery shopping today with the cold week ahead and hopefully a chemotherapy infusion tomorrow - is it weird and bizarre that I am hopeful of this? Mom said we would aim for shopping before lunch and then I went to look at the Christmas tree ornaments that Ellie and Rob painted - I started touching up. I got a second coat on all the ornaments and then Nick came to find me. We watched holiday Monday on Disney channel - all holiday related cartoons - how festive.
Mom picked us up and we went shopping - there were samples galore at the market today but weird samples - balsamic vinegar, pecorino cheese with jelly, olives, feta cheese, Greek yogurt, breads and bailey's filled chocolates. We had a over-filled cart when we were through but Mom wanted to make sure I had dinners for the whole week. We picked up lunch and came back here to eat. We changes Scarlett out and then tried to get warm while watching Mickey's Christmas. Soon enough it was time to get Ellie off the bus and by then the sun had faded into the clouds and it was bone chilling cold - the infusion and cold effects should be absolutely wonderful this week.
Ellie came home with a beautiful coil pottery heart that she made in art - I think I need to get her back into pottery classes - she is good. Mom left to go home and the kids and I went downstairs - Ellie worked on her homework and Nick wanted to play dress up. Rob came home and I got to work getting chicken soup together for dinner - Ellie helped me. I like it when Ellie helps because she is more likely to eat it and soup usually isn't her thing. I had the veggies in the pan and Ellie added the broth and then I had her help season and let her taste after each addition. I got the veggie emulsified and then added more broth, the noodles and cream cheese - Ellie said she was looking forward to a bowl. Ellie and I ran out to Michael's to pick up some more paint for the trees and to drop the book at the library.
We came home and Rob had given Nick a bath and he was in pjs and the soup smelled so good. I cut up some bread and we ate dinner - yummy and oh so warm. I took a long shower and Rob cleaned up dinner. Ellie was doing some more of her homework and Nick wanted to color - I got to work printing out pics for Nick's school project. Rob took Nick up for bed, Ellie was doing art and I went to look at the trees - needed a 3rd coat - got that done. Rob came down and said Nick went right to sleep and he was going to take Ellie up.
I am watching Food network and having some spiced cider even though I should be having cold water because that will be off the menu tomorrow but hot cider sounds so much better right now. I wish I had my Christmas cards printed because I could address them as I sit for hours tomorrow but I am thinking I might bring nail polish and paint my nails - they will have lots of time to dry. Visualising my healthy and continually recovering body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment