Friday, December 3, 2010

I'm so happy it is Friday

I watched tv until about 1AM and went up - I must have made too much noise because about 10 minutes later Nick was tapping me. I walked him back to his bed and tucked him in and rubbed his hand until it went limp. Usual Morning here - I was able to squeeze in a shower while the kids ate breakfast. Ellie got off to the bus and school and Nick and I got packed for our daily adventure.
Mom picked us up and we met Uncle Joe up at Grandma's house - we needed to turn the heat on and do some other things up there. I got to tell you - it was cold and I was happy I dressed myself and Nick in layers. Nick was content to sit at the counter and watch Mickey's Christmas dvd and snack and have hot cocoa - he had on his hood, earphones and gloves. We left Grandma's and tried to hit the produce store but it was so crowded and it was so cold I told Mom she could shop from my house - I had almost everything she needed.
We came back here and we had lunch and warmed up. Nick wanted to watch Mickey's Christmas again and then we went in the back room and he played with puzzles and action links and view master. FedEx made their delivery and Nick went to the door and opened the lock to get our packages. We got his and Ellie's Christmas trees out of there boxes and adjusted. It was time to get Ellie from the bus and it just felt like it was going to snow outside. Ellie was originally going to go and help Mom out tonight to set up for Mom's annual luncheon tomorrow but I mentioned we might try to get Christmas up here tonight and she decided to stay home. Mom left to go home and start cooking and we started cleaning the living room.
I was able to call my girlfriend Lee and talk for a bit while trying to clean up. We had a much interrupted phone call but we still got to talk and catch up. Rob came home and got us ready for the impending snow - got the salt and shovels out, took garbage and recycling out. We got the Christmas boxes out and brought them upstairs. Ellie dusted the wood for me while I moved the furniture to Christmas positions but it seemed cramped and sure enough I had it reversed and we changed it around. We got up peripheral decorations - the mantle, the hanging items and all the noise making, singing items that go on the end tables. I need the natural light to do the tree itself and I am still debating switching over to LED lights on the tree this year.
We ordered pizza and I went out pick it up while Rob cleaned off the table and the kids watched the last part of Polar Express. We had dinner and got ready for bed - it has been the never ending day. The kids both had their trees on and they look magical and we found their snowmen that light up for their rooms. Rob got Nick to bed and then Ellie went up. I am not really looking forward to the snow forecast for this evening and tomorrow - I can do either snow or cold - but both seem gross to me right now - at least I didn't have chemotherapy this week and I am not super cold sensitive. Looking forward to getting the Christmas tree up - the house always looks so cozy at Christmas time. Visualising my healthy and continually recovering body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment