Friday, December 10, 2010

TGIF

It seems like this has just been the longest week ever...
I fell asleep on the couch last night and Rob un-plugged the twinkle lights and covered me up and then he went up to sleep. Around 1:30AM I woke up and was freezing and decided to make my way up to my warm bed - it was warm because Nick had pre-warmed my side. The illness update on Nick - the fever came and went all week and up until yesterday that was it but he now has a terrible cough and congestion and a runny nose.
Ellie and I got dressed this morning and Nick slept in a couple minutes longer than us. We had breakfast and Ellie got her bag ready for school and her snack from the fridge. Nick wasn't himself and wasn't eating but was guzzling down drinks - I was adding honey to his drink - he just didn't realize it. I watched Ellie walk to the bus and for the first time this week it was almost on time. Nick and I just cuddled up on the couch - I opened the curtains to let the sunlight in and we had a blanket on and we just relaxed.
Around 11AM we drove over to Mom's to play and visit. We got the boys settled in with Mickey's Christmas and Mom and I went to change Scarlett. Scarlett was not so happy today - I think it is the chemotherapy effect. The entire bottom was not only red but blistered and I was a tiny bit in pain before we changed Scarlett but entirely in pain afterwards. Mom is helping me out on my up-cycled wool scarf project - she is more more talented on a sewing machine. We pieced out a blue and gray scarf and went to work trying to sew it - it is for Ellie. The boys joined us out on the porch and were playing with the kitchen. The scarf came out a bit different than I envisioned but it was the first.
I went to pick up lunch while Mom continued to sew fleece on the back of the wool - it is going to be a warm scarf. We had lunch and cleaned up the kitchen and decided to try to get to Costco to get our cards before Ellie came home. We got the boys dressed in their warm coats and took a drive - I was able to just run in and pick the cards up while Mom and the boys stayed in the car. Our cards all came out nice! We drove back to our house and I persuaded Mom to come in and not to wait in the car for 30 minutes for Ellie to get off the bus. The boys played for a bit and then Mom tried to get T to take a nap - almost worked.
Nick and I walked to get Ellie and I warned them both to be quiet coming in but that didn't work. We traveled back to Mom's house to pick up our car and then came back home. Nick and I had some more cuddle time on the couch and Ellie played downstairs with her dollhouse. Rob came home and he had to tape a basketball game tonight and was taking Ellie with him. Rob and Ellie left so they could get dinner together before the game and I gave Nick a bath and rubbed him in with chest rub (he does not like chest rub but I thought he really needed it to open him up).
We had breakfast for dinner - he still wasn't about eating but drinking like crazy. We cuddled up on the couch for a little bit longer until I told him it was time for bed. I read him a few stories and sang a couple songs and he was asleep. I know it will be a long night because of his cough - it will wake him up. I am looking forward to not really doing anything this weekend - I don't want Nick to get any worse and I don't want to pick up anything. My nose is running but I will totally take a runny nose over bone pain which I don't have! Other than Scarlett pain which comes and goes and the tingly fingertips which also come and go - I am feeling pretty good. It felt good to just kick back and really do nothing today. Visualising my healthy and continually recovering body, staying well and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment