Sunday, December 26, 2010

Snow Day

Rob went up early last night, he had the beginning of a hacking cough and stuffy nose. I stayed up and watched SNL and then the 2 Chicago shows after and chose to sleep on the couch to avoid the germs in our bed. I heard Rob and Nick come down this morning and looked at the clock - 7:15AM - aghhh. I heard the Rob get his coat on and the front door open and shut - he went out to move our cars to the opposite side of the street so the plows could get through and we didn't get ticketed. We got the "lake effect" snow last night and it was still coming down this morning - looked beautiful. Nick kept knocking on the window and trying to talk to Rob through the window - I was awake. Ellie woke up around 8AM - woohoo for sleeping in.
I sent Rob to the doctor for walk-in hours - he had something viral - antibiotic, inhaler and flu-shot later he was home. I read the newspaper while the kids played in the basement. They played very nice together for the majority of the day. We put some of our Christmas presents away and just sort of had a lazy day. I got some laundry done - it managed to pile up again. I got new sheets on all of our beds - figured I would combat the germs. I took a long, hot shower - felt wonderful and it made my nose feel good. Another thing that has been happening is that my nose has been so dry it bleeds - I asked Margaret and she did say it could be chemo and not just dry winter nose. Any how, the humid, hot shower is great for my nose and makes it feel better.
Ellie asked to make her lego beach house into the 2nd version and I told her I would help her if she took the 1st one apart - my fingers could not do it. I told Nick I would work on a duplo house/garage for him (he needed something to keep him busy while Ellie and I worked). I made him a 2 car garage with car port and then made him a house with a overhang that we connected to the garage - it kept him busy for about 30 minutes. Ellie and I worked as quickly as we could but eventually had to yell for Rob to distract Nick so we could finish up - another successful lego house.
We packed up and bundled up and went over to Mom and Dad's for some snow fun. We loaded one of our sleds and made our way to the car - I was amazed I was able to get out without too much trouble. Although it is plowing on our side on the street today - the plows still go down the other side and essentially plow the cars in. We got to Mom and Dad's and Jo and Tony were there are ready to go out and play. I helped get T in his snow apparel and Jo and Dad went out back with the kids. There was enough snow that the kids could use the deck stairs as a ramp for their sleds to go down. Mom and I had the best laughs watching all of them (from inside). Tony kept intentionally falling, face first into the snow. Ellie was loving going down the ramp on her sled. Nick liked getting rides on the sled from Dad and Jo.
They made it inside to dry off and warm up. I tried to get their wet stuff off but the cold snow was like fire to my hands. Mom had made hot cocoa and Dad put all the wet stuff into the dryer. Mom had started working on dinner and the kids played with Tony's rescue center. We had a nice dinner together - some re-heats and some new. The kids played kitchen for a bit before we decided on movie night at Mom's - she had ordered Three Caballero's with her holiday dvds. We all cuddled together on the couch and put on blankets to keep warm. Dad killed the lights and put on the twinkle lights - Tony fell asleep.
We did a Scarlett change - not so bad, a little blister and some redness but not as bad as last infusion. Jo, Ole and Tony left and we followed not too soon after. I warmed the car up and got the kiddos bundled up and we left to come home. We got vitamins and pjs and filled the humidifier and I got Nick to sleep and tucked Ellie in. The tinglies (other than touching cold, wet snow) have somewhat improved today. I do have lower back pain - I think it is from multiple nights on the couch, though. I am hoping to not get Rob's germs - staying away and washing hands frequently. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment