Sunday, December 5, 2010

Crafty Sunday

I really can't recall my doings last night - I know I watched some of SNL and some of YaYa Sisterhood. Nick came into our bed early and was extremely thirsty - Nick and I slept in and I realized his breathing was a bit off and he seemed hot to me. We got up and went down for breakfast and I noticed he wasn't drinking and his eyes didn't look good - I took his temp and he was 103.7. I called to verify the doctors office was still taking walk-ins and got dressed quickly and got Nick dressed and we were off - Nick cried the entire way there.
I gave him a dose of ibuprofen before I got him dressed and by the time we were taken back at the doctors his temp was down to 102.7. The doctor came in quickly and listened carefully to his breathing and lungs and chest - clear, looked in both ears - clear and then checked his throat - it was red - he ordered a culture - but that came back negative. Just some sort of bug - the fever has come and gone all day but he doesn't seem any worse for wear. We came home and I finally persuaded Nick to drink some juice and he had some yogurt.
Rob had to go and give an estimate so the kids and I looked for something to keep us occupied - crafts! I had a co-worker give me a candle making kit for Christmas a couple years ago and we honestly have never had time to use it before - so I took it out and took my craft crock pot out and we made Christmas candles (note to all my family - look surprised at Christmas). We had 5 molds so we made 2.5 batches. We decorated our photo/ornament frames. We started our bell snowmen but I think I need to use hot glue on them - tacky glue wasn't holding them together. We put together our grow a snowman. Rob came home and he and Ellie worked on painting the Christmas trees for our church Tableaux service in a couple weeks.
Nick chilled out on the couch and watched Thomas and had some popcorn. I worked on getting pictures together for our Christmas card - the trouble with having two kids is that they never have the same emotion in pictures - I have a great pic of Ellie but Nick's tongue is sticking out, I have a smiling Nick and Ellie is looking at the ground, I have the perfect backdrop and neither of them are looking at me or each other. I think it will be a collage card again - the best of both of them - separately.
Rob and I got about 5 minutes to gaze at the tree while sitting on the couch this afternoon before someone was yelling. We went over to Mom and Dad's for dinner - I bought my jump drive with the year of pictures on it so Jo could see if she wanted any on T's pictures. We had some laughs looking through them. Mom made a wonderfully warming dinner - I have to say my fave was the appetizer that didn't make it out for the luncheon yesterday - toasted baguette with pesto and herbed goat cheese - yummy. The kids played with the play kitchen after dinner and were too funny - Nick was passing around his "specialty". We looked through our pics some more and Dad loaded his memory card - more than a year in history.
We came home and did vitamins and medicines - we went up to get pj's on and Ellie asked if she could take a quick shower. We finally got pj's on and I got all the laundry downstairs - once again it seems it procreates - certainly we don't have that much laundry for 4 people. Rob read a couple books to Nick and Ellie worked on a color by number. Ellie went up to bed and I am sitting here drinking my cold water because in a few days I won't be able to enjoy cold water again. Visualising my healthy and continually recovering body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment