Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Ready for the cold to go far away

Usual night around here - Rob went up to bed and I watched Conan and George and then found the last part of Jimmy Falon. I fell asleep on the couch and made my way up to bed around 3AM. The kiddos were up entirely too early but we got dressed and went downstairs. So, we do the elf on the shelf and #1 we have successfully remembered to move it every night this year and #2 Nick is amazing at finding it both here and at Mom's house. I made breakfast and got Ellie a snack and checked email. I got Ellie bundled for the bus stop and we've had good timing the past few days and the bus comes quickly after she arrives at the stop.
I warmed the car up and got Nick ready for school. A pipe must have burst on Howard and we were detoured down side streets and onto Lincoln - it took forever to get Nick to school. I dropped him off and then went to Mom's - got a bonus visit with Ms. Kate. We all enjoyed a cup of tea and visited while Tony watched a movie. Ms. Kate left us and Mom and I went to work trying to finish up my scarfs. Mom's serger does not like boiled wool at all and it was a miracle we were able to finish my project - I have to take it for a tune-up. We changed Scarlett out - still not a good situation. I am going to have to call Jen and find out if there is a dietary change I can make the week of chemo or if there is something else I can try to put on the very red and blistered skin.
I went to get Nick from school and picked up lunch and did a bakery run - they had menorah decorated cookies on sale and that was what Nick asked for - funny what he has picked up at school. We went back to Mom's and had a picnic lunch but the boys were not too interested in food - they did completely eat the frosting off their cookies. I was excited that the bakery had these gingerbread cookies Jo and I used to get at Christmas time growing up - they are Santa shaped and have a real light icing and then a paper cup out of Santa.
We ventured on to the porch to try to finish up the "wool from hell" project. If I decided to take up boiled wool upcycling projects again I will need to invest in a more industrial machine that likes wool. The boys played very nice together - they did play-doh for a while then we danced - they took the ornaments off the tree - they were busy boys. Mom finished the last scarf for me and I already had Nick bundled to leave to get Ellie - we were cutting it close on time today.
Ellie got off the bus and we were at the corner waiting in the car. I told Rob I would do a wine run for him - he needed a couple bottles for gifts at work and he was out at home. We took a ride to Whole Foods - I figured the kids could have samples galore and I could get wine. I was happy to find that Whole Foods carries a winter blend of coffee that smells divine and the kids were thrilled with the variety of samples today. They each picked out a yogurt and we stopped and got steamed milk - we ate in the cafe area - although, Nick did ask if we could eat outside on the patio.
We stopped at Dick's on the way home - Ellie really likes my new boots and said she would like a pair - the boots she has are on there second winter. The Glen Dick's didn't have the Bogs, Ellie tried on the Sorel boots but didn't like them. We headed home and Rob met us at the car to unload. Ellie did her homework and I put away laundry - I don't know why I let 3 bins stack up to put away because it takes forever. Rob gave Nick a bath while I got dinner put together with Ellie - breakfast for dinner sounded good.
Rob took Nick up to bed but Nick did not want to relax for him so I switched off and put Nick to sleep and Rob put Ellie to bed. I am blogging and listening to Sing-Off - these groups are really good. The cold effect is beginning to fade - my hands are still effected but I can now drink water from the faucet without it feeling like razor blades.Time is flying by - I cannot believe tomorrow is Nick's last day of school before break and Ellie is done on Friday. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment