Friday, December 17, 2010

Woohoo its winter break time

I watched my normal night tv and debated around midnight going up to bed but decided to brave the couch for a bit longer. I woke up around 3:45AM and decided I would just stay on the couch and threw another blanket on but about 20 minutes later Kitty Kitty decided something in the living room was fun to chase and she ran back and forth under the tree a couple times and was driving me nuts so I went up. Our bed was sooo cold and it seemed like forever to warm up. Nick woke up before me this morning and decided he would turn on the radio on our clock - my usual rule is we can't get out of bed until the radio starts to play (the alarm going off). We all got dressed in our festive apparel and went down to get breakfast.
I helped Ellie clean her back pack out and then we packed it with what she really needed for today. I sent a couple things for the party with Ellie - I have found it is easier to do this than try to navigate multiple bags and Nick. Ellie walked out to the bus stop - it was another cold morning. I changed loads of laundry and did some consolidating of boxes that have been delivered. I started doing some more wool detail work - I have a secret project I am working on and my first try has been quasi successful. I made us a quick lunch and we watched the Christmas sing-a-long dvd. I finished packing up the party necessities and we were on our way to pick up ice cream and then to school.
We got to school and Nick helped me carry and then promptly hung his coat in Ellie's locker. I got to work scooping ice cream - boy oh boy, am I ever happy that I am 11 days post chemo but scooping 18 sundaes literally froze my fingertips off. Luckily the water in the room only ran warm and I was able to heat them up quickly. The kids did an amazing job of decorating their snowmen - everyone was so different and unique. The time flew by and soon it was clean up time. Nick took the entire 45 minutes building his snowman - he used every candy decoration that I gave him. We cleaned out Ellie's locker and got the kids bundled and were out the door.
We went over to Mom's house for a visit but ended up staying for dinner. Mom made the kids cocoa and Ellie played on the computer and Nick played with trains while Mom and I went through magazines for recycling. Jo and Ole dropped Tony off - they were off on a date night. We had Dad bring home Chinese for dinner and we all ate together while watching Christmas Vacation. Nick loved the sledding scene - he was watching it and all I heard was awesome. The kids had a candy cane and we got ready to go home - it had been a long day.
We got home and had vitamins and got pjs on - I sang Nick to sleep and Ellie read in her room and then I tucked her in. I have a nice warm mug of tea and I am un-winding. I am looking forward to our winter break together - we have no firm plans other than chemo and holidays. Tomorrow is baking day - I figure I might not feel like baking next week so we will get it done now. I have to think of at least one cookie without chocolate - we started Ellie on her ibuprofen and no chocolate week and it just doesn't seem fair to let her help bake and not get to sample. I guess I will make a batch of peanut butter without the kisses or I could make the snowballs without the mini chocolate chips. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

1 comment:

  1. How about mint meringues without the mini chips? You could do Jo's PB cookies. The snowballs are a good idea. How about thumbprint cookies with jam? Shortbread? Do you have any of the ring pretzels left? Let me know where you found them. We'll talk in the morning. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete