Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Late night edition

I guess, technically, I have missed the post today seeing as it is 1:30AM but such is life. I fell asleep on the couch last night but was awoke around 4:15AM by the sound of something coming down the stairs - Nick was soon standing at my side. He apparently went into our bedroom and decided he wanted to sleep with me and not Rob and sought me out. Rob, upstairs, had just heard the noise of the gate being opened (we have a gate at the stairs to #1 keep Kitty Kitty not in the bedrooms and #2 keep Nick from accidentally falling down the stairs at night). Nick had come under the quilt with me and a few minutes later Rob came down to make sure Nick was ok - I decided we would all go up to bed (it stays darker in our bedroom in the morning than the back room).
Ellie was up before 7AM - Nick and Rob a bit after 8AM and I slept in until after 9AM. It was a chaotic morning here - a bit of cleaning, a bit of getting on each others nerves and a bit of watching Toy Story 2. Ellie called Mom and asked to be "rescued" from our house. I talked to Mom and told her the kids and I would all go with them on their grocery shopping adventure. Ellie and I laid on my bed and had a heart to heart about emotions and how we sometimes need to rope them back in and be in control.
Mom and Dad came to pick us up and Rob hung out at home - still not feeling 100%. We went to Hallmark to shop the after Christmas sale - kind of stunk. We went grocery shopping and the kids quickly melted down in the store but we got some necessities to get us through the next few days. We stopped in Panera for a sweet treat and watched as Nick tried to eat just the frosting from his cobblestone muffin and Ellie ate this cookie that left almost as much chocolate on her face as in her tummy. The ride home was humorous because Nick likes to wear the headphones in Mom's car to watch the movies and he tries to talk to us with them on. He speaks at extreme volumes and then doesn't really hear your answers.
Mom and Dad dropped us at home - Ellie finished watching Camp Rock (the dvd we had been watching in the car) and Nick went to work badgering Rob about making him a rocket ship out of wood. Not just any rocket ship and not one that might double as a bean bag throw - this rocket ship must accommodate the 12" tall Buzz Lightyear and has to have very specific specifications. I finally got Nick upstairs and to bed - Ellie went up a bit after Nick. Our friend, Brannon, came over for a visit - he and Rob were going to go out but we persuaded him to come here. This would be the reason behind the late edition post - we have been having such a good time that we lost track of time and he just left.
Overall, I am on the upswing of side effects. The neurotoxicity is still there but much more mild than last week. I have on and off lower back pain. I am thinking about venturing back to the thrift store tomorrow to see if the Mackintosh art is still there but I am not sure yet. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me -whomever that shall be, Tree

1 comment:

  1. The sad thing is I'm awake reading this post at 2:00. Glad Brannon came over instead of Rob heading out. He needs the time inside, warm and dry, to get rid of that cough. You also got to have some adult fun! I've got your pears and onions. We'll talk in the morning. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete