Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Still cold out

Rob went up to bed earlier than usual and I stayed up as usual. I watched the news then flipped to Conan and George Lopez - I brought all the makings for the snowman soup into the back room and started to assemble the remaining 40 I needed for Nick to take to school. I finished those and was still not ready to sleep but I was getting cold - I found my blanket and turned on Food Network and woke up around 4AM. It took forever to get warm in bed - that is the problem with going to bed so late in the night - the heat has gone into sleep mode and the house is cold.
The kids were up early and I begged for 10 minutes of un-interrupted sleep and they happily went to play. We got dressed and I fixed us breakfast and got Ellie a snack to take to school. We bundled Ellie up and off she went to the bus - at least she wasn't out there too long today. I called Mom to compare notes and got Nick ready for school. We drove to school and Nick happily went inside to play. I went over to Mom's and got to work cutting the panels of wool for my project and piecing them together to form a design. I got all my panels cut and put together before I needed to pick Nick up from school.
I got Nick and his student teacher, Consuelo, met me with his progress report - how funny. It was a hoot to read - he listens and follows directions and loves (bold print) to draw and has no problem leaving with at least one piece of art a day. He knows all his colors and most of his shapes and it went on and on and I was sort of impressed but sort of surprised because he is 3 - should there really be a progress report for a 3 year old? We picked up lunch and went back to Mom's house. We had a lovely lunch on the sunny, sun porch - great solar heat this afternoon. Mom threaded her serger machine and we went to work attempting to attach the panels - we had mixed success. Unfortunately, not all boiled wool has the same texture or stretch and some are full of nubbies. We were able to get 4 finished today - I just have to put the personal touches on them.
Nick and I left to get Ellie off the bus - we took the lazy (warm) route and parked the car at the bus stop to wait instead of getting out and waiting. We came home and Ellie did her homework and the kids warmed up with hot cocoa and cookies. Rob had to work tonight so we switched dinner nights and went back to Mom's for dinner. Mom had made zucchini bread and the house smelled good and it was still warm when she cut us a sample slice. Ellie played on the computer while Nick and I watched some old version of Frog Prince. They both helped Mom make a batch of cranberry sauce for dinner and I got to tell you it was good.
Dad brought dinner home with him and we ate picnic style so we could watch Charlie Brown on tv. The kids had a couple pieces of chocolate for dessert and I warmed the car up to go home. We got home and had vitamins and got pjs on and then I got Nick to sleep and tucked Ellie in. I made a pot of tea and I am sitting here blogging away. Rob just walked in and we are visiting as I type - I guess I will close this up. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment