Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Finger tinglies stink

I kicked Rob off the couch around 10PM so I could stretch out and got to sleep. Sleep was patchy - I was up about every 2 hours and I heard Rob leave early but he did go out the front door so he didn't freeze me out back here. Nick started his yelling around 6:45AM so I went up and he was in our bed and I cuddled next to him - he fell back asleep for a little while. I got our clothes out - layers for all of us and we got dressed. The kids had cereal and zucchini bread for breakfast - I had oatmeal. I was so thrilled Ellie wanted lunch from school because that meant I didn't have to open the fridge. I do put on oven mitts to get things out of the fridge or freezer now.
I helped Ellie bundle up and she went to wait for the bus. I warmed the car up to drive Nick to school. Just leaving the house my fingers were tingly like little pins being inserted all over. We drove to school and Nick went in without any troubles. I went over to Mom's house and played with Tony until he took his nap - then Mom and I went through photos trying to find the perfect ones for our Christmas cards. I had to leave before we finished to go pick up Nick - finger tinglies. All the other parents get out and wait for their kids - I wait until the door opens before I get out of the car - especially this week.
Nick and I took a quick detour to Salvation - I wanted to pick up a couple ties to go with my recycles wool scarfs I am making. It was a quick trip and then we were on our way back home. I did remember while passing Ace hardware that they had mitten finger tip gloves on sale so we stopped in and I was able to get a pair and Nick was able to get some popcorn. I made us some lunch and we had a low key afternoon. I did a couple loads of laundry and played on the computer mocking up holiday cards - narrowed it down to 3. We got bundled up to walk and get Ellie - fortunately the bus was on time today and Ellie was running off before we got to the corner.
Ellie started her homework and Nick and I made some hot cocoa and got cookies out. I started to un-assemble all the sweaters so I can get moving on my project - does chemotherapy make you crafty? I think I have about 10 sweaters and I have the sleeves, fronts and backs separated and I think these scarfs are going to turn out fabulously. Mom came over and we started dinner - sausages, cabbage and asparagus stir fry, potato bake and cranberry sauce. It was nice and warm and the house smelled good. We had pumpkin pie for dessert.
We watched The Middle together before Mom and Dad went home and Rob took Nick up to bed. Ellie did some more of her paint by number and then we heard Rob walking upstairs and she went up to bed. Let's see - other than the terrible tinglies on my fingers and some back aches and the inability to enjoy anything at room temperature or colder - I am doing awesome. I am hoping the claritin helps with the bone pain tomorrow - that would be great and my body would be eternally grateful. Visualising my healthy and continually recovering body, this chemo round continuing to be uneventful and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment