Monday, May 17, 2010

Writing down all my questions

So, I believe I might have found the right timing for the ativan to be effective. I've been taking it about an hour before I want to go up to bed and low and behold - I am relaxed enough to find mr. sandman not too far after.
Normal morning here, got Ellie off to school and Nick and I went to a part of his Parent's Day Off class. We stopped at Mom's after for some playtime with Tony (he's going on vacation for the next week - needed to get our fix in) and lunch. We got Ellie off the bus after school and did homework. It was Ellie's last pottery class tonight - she brought home all her masterpieces. Rob and Ellie are now at swimming class (only one more after tonight's class). Rob is picking up dinner so I decided to use my time to do some cleaning - got the downstairs washroom clean, the living room and play room vacuumed and a couple rooms full of toys properly put away.
I spent a bit of time last night and today on the internet googling stuff. I have a list of questions for Dr. Marsh tomorrow. The chemotherapy drug I will be taking is xeloda - looks like I will take it for 14 days and stop for 7 and have 2-3 rounds of it. I am really hoping for no side effects but the list of side effects seems to linger on a page full so I know I will probably have some. Margaret, my best-friend-nurse, said a lot of people think about eating or drinking and then forget and can't get on top of it and she told me if that is the case to just stop by and she'll hang an IV for an hour - nope, I'll keep up with the hydration. Other side effects are run of the mill - fatigue, nausea, weight-loss due to lack of hydration, muscle pain, stomach problems, hand/foot redness and peeling, dizziness, sleep problems... sounds joyful.
I have also done some reading on radiation therapy and it looks like besides the consult on Wednesday that I might have a couple more appointments to do simulation before the radiation therapy will actually begin.
On a entirely separate thought - who else was cold today? I needed the sun and it kept hiding from me. Visualizing shrink tumor - much healthier body. Have a good night family and friends, Tree

1 comment:

  1. I was freezing today....you know, besides helping you with the kiddies, one of the only other things I can feel useful for is nourishing you. We'll play it as we go, but you know I've always taken care of cravings, most recently corn pudding for my little man. I'll make whatever you have a taste for, or whatever you will tolerate. We'll make sure to have your beverages of choice pletiful both here and at your house...no need for Margaret to hang an IV! Love you...Mom

    ReplyDelete