Thursday, May 27, 2010

Second day down

So, by the end of dinner last night I had a garbage can by my side - my stomach was not feeling well at all. I took my evening dose of xeloda and tried one of the anti-nausea pills - I was hoping for the best. Compazine could be my new best friend - by the time Rob got down from putting Ellie to sleep my stomach was settled and I was feeling better.

Typical morning - got Ellie on the bus, ate some breakfast, took my meds and it was time to go to Mom's. I woke up with my killer cramps again - I'm not sure what they are all about bu they are so intense I actually have to bend down and stop what I am doing until they pass. Mom, Nick and Tony were coming with me today to keep me company. Each of the boys had a bag with a book, fruit snacks, a car and their sippy cup (Nick also had a comb to make his hair crazy - not really sure about this one). On the way down the long hall to the waiting room Mom and I both thought Nick lost something out of his bag - when we looked down to see what it was - it was the biggest cockroach we have ever seen. It just sat there for a moment and then eventually crept its way through the doorjamb - gross. Mom and both agreed we would never put anything on the floor at the hospital again. I checked in and didn't even have a chance to sit down before they called my name.

I know the routine now so I just walked in and got on the table - it went so quickly today. I asked about the cramps and they said they didn't feel they were a side effect of the radiation but to keep note of when they happen. We left the hospital and decided to take a road trip since I was still feeling good. We went to Party City - picked up some squirt guns and then went to Garden Fresh for some produce. We headed home because the boys were both very cranky. Tony fell asleep in the car - I tried to fall asleep and Nick looked like he might fall asleep. Nick and I decided to head home for lunch and a nap.

We got Ellie off the bus and came inside until Rob got home from work. Tonight was the end of the school picnic at Ellie's school. We walked over there and got there early so we were able to get seats at a table to eat. Ellie and Nick went through the obstacle course a couple times and the jumpy jump and played at the playground. I started not feeling so well so we decided not to wait for the firetruck and walked home. Today, I can tell you where the "x" marks are on my butt - doesn't hold a bunch of promise for another 5 weeks of treatment. It alternates between a sunburn like feeling to a feeling of a small drill bit penetrating my skin. I took my evening xeloda and a compazine and the combo isn't working as well as it did last night - still feel like I might vomit at any moment. I am sure I will figure out the drug combo thing eventually but right now I don't feel safe popping multiple pills. I kind of have a headache but I fear advil or tylenol might push my stomach over.

We are headed to Michigan tomorrow - so I won't be able to post until Monday. I hope everyone has a wonderful long Memorial Day weekend. I am visualising my calm stomach, my ache free head and my healthy body, Tree

2 comments:

  1. So, I've been thinking about your butt and all of the people who have seen it up close and from afar...are you sure they're all looking for professional reasons? You have always had a cute booty! Even in diapers it was cute! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Compazine IS your friend. Love, Uncle Joe

    ReplyDelete