Monday, May 24, 2010

Sick day at the Henderson's

So, last night when I was giving the Nick and Ellie their vitamins and allergy medications - Ellie's nose spray only had one puff in it - we needed 4. I gave her a zyrtec instead - it worked successfully for years before we went to the allergist and got this prescription nose spray.
Since all our favorite Sunday night dramas have finished we watched our netflix - Post Grad. It was stupid humor - kind of what I needed. We watched some of the news and went up to bed. Around 4AM Nick was moaning so I went in to check on him and he had tossed off his covers - so I recovered him. About 4:30AM Ellie got out of bed to use the washroom - upon getting back into bed I heard the coughing begin - the post nasal drip bad cough. Ellie had started her bad mucus vomiting - sick day at the Henderson's.
We all got up around 7:15AM - I emailed Ellie's teacher and the school nurse and the allergist to get a refill. We all relaxed on the couch and watched cartoons. It was Nick's last Parent's Day Off class today but Ellie was still hugging a bucket so we passed on class. I suddenly wasn't feeling so hot myself. My whole body started aching and then it felt like I was having contractions - no they were just really horrible cramps. The aches and the cramps lasted through advil and the hot pad - eventually I just put mind over matter and got up. Ellie was starting to feel better a bit before lunch time. Nick just dealt with the situation and deconstructed the house. He emptied every puzzle onto the floor, dumped multiple bins of toys looking for "the one" toy and then spilled 30 ounces of water down the bookshelf and wall - ahhhhhh. Mom came over in the afternoon for a visit.
Ellie and Mom sorted Ellie's art box and we sat at the table eating some yummy havarti with dill. We stayed in our jammies all day. Our landscapers were here to make the lawn pretty again (still haven't gotten the sparkplug installed in our mower). Unfortunately, our two transplants don't look so healthy right now - I'm sure the 90 degree heat isn't helping out. However, the stone walkway is now permanent and looks lovely.
Had a long phone call from an old friend. Eventually, I had to get dressed to pick-up Ellie's prescription and get some groceries. Rob took Ellie to her last swimming class (I was hoping she had enough energy - she did) and Nick and I went shopping. While at the produce store when I was placing apples in a bag I noticed Nick eating something - wouldn't you know it - he was already into the fruit I had put in the cart - unwashed - ewwww! I have now started tying the bags as I put them into the cart.
We had dinner and put the kids to bed. Rob and I are both exhausted - the heat and humidity outside doesn't help. Tomorrow is my dress rehearsal and then onto the big event. Visualizing my healthy body - have a nice night family and friends, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you had some sickness in the house - hopefully it passes quickly. Your dress rehearsal will go great and hopefully today will pass quickly and you can get moving on with the treatment double whammy tomorrow. Keep thinking good positive thoughts - we all are!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete