Saturday, May 22, 2010

What a beautiful day

I slept so terribly last night - I blamed the wine/ativan combo but my Mom is still trying to convince me its the stress streaming through my body. Rob was up and out early and I called Mom and Dad's to check on the overnight status.
I headed over to their house and got the kids dressed - we had some big fishing plans for the morning. We got the snack bag packed, the tackle box, Ellie's rod and Nick proudly had his fish backpack on his back. We got to the park and Dad baited Ellie's rod - we made the decision that nick would just have a weight and bob (for every one's safety - it was his first time fishing). Ellie has gotten real good at casting - I was super impressed. Unfortunately, the fish were not biting for us today - Dad did have something deep snag the hook but nothing came up but the line. We finally packed in the fishing equipment and picked up some lunch.
We had a nice lunch together at Mom's and then Dad took the kids to a couple parks. I headed to the deck for the last couple days of vitamin D I am allowed. I tried to nap out there but the neighbors were getting their lawn done and then the ice cream truck went by and then the birds were loud. I finally got too hot and headed to the couch for a nap. Dad and the kids came home about the same time Rob let me know he was home.
We came home and Ellie played outside with Rob while I tried to convince Nick to have some quiet time - not much luck. We finally decided on a walk and I remembered it was Skokie Festival of Cultures this weekend - so that's where we headed. The library was handing out little spinning dootie boppies. We walked around and ended up with Mexican food - Ellie really wanted the pierogis from the Polish place but I was watching the lady cook the potato pancake in about 5 ounces of oil. We ate our yummy tacos (the only thing that could have made them better would have been some El Famous salsa). We went through a couple of the tents and got a bag from Public Works with flower seeds and a Frisbee, the kids got temporary tattoos from another booth. We walked home to open the new box of popsicles - pretty tasty. Needless to say after the popsicles a bath was much needed.
Nick was very disappointed that his "dog" went down the drain - I didn't understand at first but then he showed me his hand where his "dog" tattoo was and tears were streaming down his face. Nick went to bed speedy quick after that - poor kid. Now, Rob and I are watching Ferris Bullers Day Off and maybe we will watch our new netflix. Well, I guess that is about all - took the day off from being nervous and scared - I still have a couple more of those available. Visualizing my healthy body and a sunny Sunday, Tree

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful day indeed. Sunny, kids playing, what more could you ask for in a day.

    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a good day...we had a blast with the kids and I'm glad you got at least a little rest here. Tomorrow we tackle your new menu! I've got lots of things for you to try! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete