Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Someone let a toddler loose with a permanent marker

It was just such oppressive heat and humidity last night - it took a long time to get comfortable enough to fall asleep. Rob and I watched the CSI Miami - I really could care less if only a couple people survive - maybe then the show would be interesting again.
Nick had a bad night - woke a couple times crying - I think it was heat related - he drank some water each time and tried to get comfortable. Ellie had her veramyst again and had a normal night. It is "snowing" cotton seeds here - the worst I have seen in years - the grass is white - no help for the seasonal allergy people.
Ellie headed out to school and I gave Nick a bath before we headed to Mom's aka Morning Club. Talk about the difference a couple weeks make - today he kept asking if I was leaving yet - as in he had things to do and I was taking up his time - too funny. I headed off to my home away from home for my dress rehearsal appointment. Jenny came and found me in the waiting room and brought me into a new room. It was a beautiful room - had a couple windows and a huge stained glass box on the ceiling - unfortunately, I lay on my stomach and got to look at my hands for the rehearsal. I asked Jenny about clothing - like what I should wear vs. not wear to my appointments and she said it didn't really matter. So, I said the radiation will just go through the clothing - cool - and that's where she said nope - you'll just slip your pants down for the radiation. She then informed me that after all this she'll be able to pick me out by my butt - lovely.
So, I got on the table - I do say table - there is no padding - its a solid wood board - not incredibly comfortable. They had a sheet on the table and then placed one on top of me when I slid my pants down. I got the same "massage" pillow for my head to lay on and my arms to tuck under and the prop for my feet. The other therapist then told me there were going to move me into position - I should just lay still - so moving the bottom sheet they moved me where they wanted me. I was told to lie perfectly still and the machines arms would move around me and in and out - allrighty. Then they began. I felt like I was the body of an airplane and the machine arms were my wings and landing gear - it honestly sounded just like when the pilot is adjusting the wing gear for takeoff or landing except about once every minute you would hear the errr sound of a x-ray being taken. I think they took about a dozen x-rays. Then they came back in and asked if I was allergic to any tape - I mentioned the paper tape doesn't seem to agree with me and then I felt them attaching large pieces of tape to my butt and back. I heard a marker mentioned and tattoos. I am still face down. I can feel the wetness of being marked by a marker and Jenny calling off numbers to the other therapist marking. Then one of the therapist came over and showed me this circular sticker and told me they would be attaching those as well and I should keep them on while showering and they would just replace them when needed. I was told the marks, tattoos and stickers make my life easier because it allows them to do their job quicker - okay. I got to see a couple of the images the physicist had done - very anatomical and right out the textbook for anatomy. I got dressed and met Becky to schedule the next 5 weeks of my life - 10:15 - if anyone is looking for me Monday - Friday at 10:15 - I'll be in radiation.
I picked up lunch and headed to Mom's. Nick was helping her with some cooking. So, without checking in the mirror first I turned around and asked Mom about the stickers - she said the sticker wasn't as bad as the marks. I quickly went to seek out a mirror - I have about a 3" mark leading up from the crack of my butt and some cross lines of that - I have two rather large "x" marks on my cheeks - this certainly does nothing to make my butt an object of attraction. Back at Mom's we were planning for Millietime tonight - a group of my Mom's buds and their girls - our extended family. Mom was planning to make margaritas but that didn't sound too appealing so I went looking for other things and found a full bottle of pineapple vodka - Mom and I bought it a couple years ago at Sams Liquors and we could never find it anywhere else - so smooth. Definitely looking forward to that over some ice.
I am now about to head back to Mom's for the evening and thought I would be much more level headed in writing before the pineapple vodka than after - but who knows. Tomorrow is it - I start taking the xeloda and going for daily radiation to shrink this tumor. Visualizing my healthy body and looking forward to some good girl talk, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment