Sunday, May 23, 2010

I'm gonna soak up to sun

Better night last night - Rob and I actually went up early and slept well. We were all up early and decided to all go to Church. We hung out after with some dear friends (with their words of tried and true wisdom) at the park. The kids ran around and got completely muddy but fun was had by all. We went home and put the sprinkler on to clean off the kids. Ironically, even in the 90 degree heat the sprinkler was too cold.
We sat outside and watched the kids play and go crazy in the water. I got some lunch together and we had a picnic outside - it was just great to be together and having a wonderful time. We cleaned up lunch (and the kids) and headed inside for a change back into clothing. Ellie and Rob took a walk to the park and Nick and I cuddled on the couch. I snuck a nap in and Nick joined Ellie and Rob outside.
We headed to Mom and Dad's early to get some playtime in before dinner. We celebrated Ole's birthday and ala Ole Mom made a virtual buffet of food. Ellie and Nick watered the plants (and the surrounding people) and played Frisbee. Jo, Ole and Tony arrived (we have missed them this past week while they've been on vacation). The kids loved catching up and playing together. We had dinner and dessert - the new mini drumstick ice cream cones are so cute - perfect size for kids.
We came home and I had presents behind the door. Some good friends dropped off a very cheerful pot of begonias and our neighbor picked us up some juice at Costco. Rob gave Nick a bath and I gave Ellie a shower - our kids had the stinky summer smell going on. Switched loads of laundry, Rob and Ellie headed up to bed and Nick fell asleep in my arms.
All in all a great day - way too warm for me - I like the 70 degree days. Less than 72 hours until my first treatment - my stomach is beginning to be in knots. I can't explain it - I know all this has the great goal of shrinking the tumor and getting the tumor to be symmetrical and easier to remove but the thought of the radiation and chemo regime has me a bit anxious and nervous - I hope I will get over it quickly. The greater picture is what I am looking forward to - my cancer free life. Hope everyone had a great weekend - visualizing my healthy body and very thankful for the wonderful friends and family in my life. Tree

1 comment:

  1. We enjoyed catching up with you at the park and seeing how things are up close and personal, rather than via email. I know this waiting game is rough but there will be a huge payoff when it is started and ultimately over. Hang in there!
    Glad you all were able to enjoy a nice family day - even if it was a bit too humid!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete