Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Fabulous Mother's Day

Today was just what the doctor ordered - the best medicine I could have asked for.
I did go to church with Ellie and Rob and was very happy that I did. I almost made it out without shedding a tear - actually I think I did - I think I was able to blink it back - just tear wells. I was touched at how many people are behind us in this fight and how many friends are there for us.
We went to Mom and Dad's for Mother's Day brunch. The food was delicious - really the first food I have had in a week and some of all of our favorites. Ellie and Mom made kolacky cookies last night - they were wonderful. Nick had made a request for corn pudding and apparently didn't have enough servings because he wanted more for dinner tonight. There was quiche and bagels and chocolate chip coffee cake.
Dad, Rob and Ole took the kids to the park and Mom, Jo and I were able to hang out on the deck. I painted Jo and Mom's toes and then had quite a good laugh when Jo asked if I wanted mine done and I said no need because I had just done them for my colonoscopy. We soaked up our vitamin d and just had girl time. When the gang came home we played ball in the yard and had a bunch of fun.
We came home and did some watering and the kids played some more and then had a much needed bath. Believe it or not - its just 7 PM and both kids are asleep.
I am thankful for all the wonderful friends I have in my life and really thankful for the awesome family I have. Thanks for making today special.

1 comment:

  1. It was so great to see you at church yesterday. I know it can be overwhelming to let all the love and support in, but let it in (it sounds like you are). It makes a HUGE difference in this whole process to know there are so many people holding you up through this. I love your blog and you're a great writer at conveying all the stuff that's going on with you through this. I used to tell myself "keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all time" when I felt like the roller coaster was about ready to take off again! Hang in there. We're thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete