Thursday, May 20, 2010

Clean teeth but oh so tired

Normal night last night except I find that I am needing to go to bed a bit before 10:00 now - or it could just be that television stinks so much its not worth staying awake the last 10 minutes of the show. Rob and I both tossed and turned last night - I think the house was too warm.

Normal morning but Nick actually slept in until 7:00. Since my dental appointment wasn't until 11:30 Nick and I got to hang out this morning and watch some of his favorite cartoons on disney channel. We were off to Mom's with our bag 'o goodies. When it was time for me to leave he gave me my kiss and hug and went to stand in the window to wave goodbye to the car.
I got to my appointment and Dr. Gallai met me in the waiting room with compassion and asked what kind of cancer. We talked for a couple minutes about my diagnosis and what led to it. I asked him about the mouth sores and he said he hasn't heard of that side effect before - promising? We talked about what the plan was and about the kids and Rob. I left with an ultra clean mouth that holds promise of fighting bacteria and icky germs off. I even got a couple samples of biotene (the oral hygiene product that Margaret recommended).
I went back to Mom's and we hit the road to pick up lunch and make a stop at Jo-Ann fabrics. My ovaries have decided that since they might be getting the short end of the stick soon that they would let me know they still work - ahhhh. I don't know if it is just the effect of 5 months without coffee and having it 2 days in a row or just my body finally deciding its been abused or my ovaries going into overdrive or a combination of any or all of the above - but I am exhausted today - I feel like I need toothpicks to keep my eyes open. I was so hoping Nick would cuddle up with me on the couch and fall asleep - no luck. We got Ellie from the bus stop and she already had plans to play with our neighbor but I knew there was no way I could stay awake outside - she was frustrated with me. Finally Nick kind of got out of control and I told her she could go - I opened the windows so I could hear them play.
Rob came home and took Nick out for a bit but Nick decided the neighborhood (more importantly his tummy) needed popsicles but there was only one in the freezer and he somehow thought this was still a fair plan. Its just been one of those nights - I am ready to crawl into bed. Rob has to work an event at Niles West tonight and he and Ellie arranged last night that she would go with him - so they have both left. Nick has a pile of books he wants me to read to him and its growing so I better close this post up. I have my simulation tomorrow morning and a quick meeting with Margaret to pick up all my meds and get a quick tutorial on what is what and when to take what. I have been playing phone tag with the dietitian - who I really do want to talk to - maybe I will see if she is available while I'm there tomorrow. Nighty night - hope everyone sleeps well. I am going to visualize my healthy body and drift into dreamland - love ya, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment