Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Time for positive thoughts

Well - let me begin with the sleeping pill and the effects it didn't have. I took it when I got tired (as the doctor told me to do) and waited about 30 minutes to go up to bed. I got in bed and felt no effect. I counted backward from 100 - 5 times. At one point I shook Rob awake and asked if he was hearing yelling outside. He stumbled awake and looked out the window. I did finally fall asleep about an hour after getting into bed. My sleep was not restful but the fidgety, short spurts that I have become accustomed to.
It seems like so long ago but it has just been a week now that life has been kind of turned around.
It would have been my Grandma's 81st birthday today. She beat so many cancer battles throughout her life and I am seeking her deepest strength today. I went with Mom, Ellie and Nick to the cemetery this afternoon. The new headstone was placed and it was comforting talking to both of my Grandparents.
Mom, Nick and I hung out today - returned some stuff to Kohl's, did some shopping at Target before coming home from lunch and chill out time on the couch.
I am quite sure sleep is not on the agenda tonight - way too many nerves. I am hoping for some wonderfully optimistic words tomorrow. The pathology/cytology came back on some of my nodes and the pathologist was hesitant to say they were malignant. This means that my cancer might possibly be staged at 3 but could be 2.
Rob will be going with me for my 2 appointments - first to meet with the GI oncologist at Kellogg and then to meet with the surgeon. I am asking (I am quite sure the first of many times) for your prayers, positive thoughts and good karma wishes for tomorrow. I am looking forward to the progression - I have been at a standstill for the past week and now we can move forward and have some answers and direction.

1 comment:

  1. You've got the prayers--both for sleep tonight, and for good direction tomorrow.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete