Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday - Funday!

I got an ok night of sleep last night - Rob went up early and I stayed up until I felt sleepy and then tried an ativan and sleep came in about 90 minutes.

I went to see my primary today - kind of bizarre. As I said, I haven't seen him in years but he is the one seeing all these test results and is in communication with all these doctors. Nick came with and was a great distraction - blood pressure was normal again 98/58. He talked to me about the findings from last week - old news and I explained that I was still having some trouble sleeping. I probably won't need to see him again until my pre-op work up. He did give me a prescription for a sleeping pill - hopefully it will work. In reading the paperwork that comes with the prescription I have learned its a C-IV controlled substance and should only be used 7-10 days - he gave me a 30 day supply with refills. A funny side effect is getting out of bed while not being fully awake and do an activity that you do not know you are doing - I am thinking this could be Disney-esque (I envision the mice from Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty) could I awaken in the morning to find the laundry done and put away or dishes washed or toilet cleaned? - that would be some special kind of drug.

Nick and I stopped by his "Parents Day Off" class. Needless to say - this parent doesn't want the day off - I would much rather cuddle on the couch all day or play with the kids while I have the energy. We played play-doh for a while and I told another friend, Nick's teacher.

Went to Mom's for Nick's corn pudding fix - even brought some home for dinner. Drove Ellie to pottery class. Pretty normal day. Just waiting for Wednesday...

1 comment: