Friday, May 7, 2010

just your average Friday

Was up early and got some laundry done. I talked to the social worked at Ellie's school about breaking the news to her and asked for suggestions on how to deal with my overly emotional 8 year old. Stopped by school with a late teacher appreciation bouquet and the children's project.
Went to Mom's house and we decide to refill my empty fridge with some groceries. A delightful trip to Costco and Farm Fresh.
Upon walking in the house from getting Ellie off the bus the phone was ringing. It was Dr. Muldoon - my GI Surgeon. Its the first time I have spoken to him - he asked if I had children and their ages. Asked about family cancer history. Told me to spread the word to family members to go out and get their colonoscopy now. He moved up my appointment - so I now get to see him next Wednesday the 12th. He mentioned that Dr. Marsh - my GI oncologist also has hours that day and with a couple phone calls I was able to move that appointment to the 12th as well. I am now in body shake mode again - uncontrollable shaking.
I am scared, anxious, nervous. I am tired and I am really quite sore today.
Rob should be home soon and then we will make our counter top decision.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Theresa, I've been thinking about you so much the last few days. I so remember the body shakes. The worst one was shaking for an hour and a half before my surgery. If it's any consolation they do eventually lessen and go away. It's one of your body's ways of dealing with the incredible amount of stress that you're under. Doesn't make it any more pleasant, though.

    I was so glad to read that you were able to move up your appointments. Every day you're a step closer to getting this out of your body and moving forward with LIFE! And you will. You are a fighter, and it looks like you've got a great support system in place. Please call any time you need to vent, talk, whatever to someone who has walked the path you're about to go on.

    Hang in there, and know that there are so many loving thoughts and prayers coming your way from so many people. Soak it in, my friend.

    ReplyDelete