Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday

I decided last night to try ativan again, so I took one at around 8:30 and low and behold at 9:30 when Rob said he was going up to bed - I followed and actually fell asleep. I also got to sleep in because Rob was home this morning. After some breakfast we went outside to enjoy our day. The kids cruised up and down the sidewalk on bike, skateboard and firetruck. There was some sidewalk chalk action and a try at catching butterflies. Rob tried to mow the lawn but the mower seemed to start but then stopped when he attempted to actually go forward - spark plug time.
We got some lunch and had a picnic outside in back. The kids and I were off to family day at Block Art Museum at Northwestern. They got to make stickers, a memory card game, create masterpieces with sidewalk chalk, blow bubbles and do a bubble art project.
We went to Mom and Dad's after Block and I kept Mom company while Dad took the kids to not 1, not 2 but 3 parks. Rob stayed home to work on some woodworking project. It turns out I wasn't such good company because I ended up falling asleep while Mom made t-shirts for the kids.
I picked up Rob and we picked up dinner - El Famous. When I was pregnant with Nick my only craving was for the red salsa from El Famous - I would just drink it from the containers. The craving has stuck around and I still love their red salsa. We had a nice dinner together and came home for a much needed bath. Ellie and Nick are now in the land of slumber, Rob and I each on our laptops and the neighbor kids still screaming loudly while jumping on their trampoline.
Hey, has anyone had radiation therapy? Are the tattoo markings really permanent? I have my consult this week and it is a 90 minute consult - the longest yet. Got my list of questions developing for the appointments this week. Ready to get this plan moving - visualizing shrink tumor, much healthier body. Hope everyone had a nice weekend - the sunshine was great today. Tree

2 comments:

  1. Did you forget about your Uncle Joe and Aunt Jill who both had radiation and chemo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The markings are just dots Tree, and they can possibly use a permanent marker too. Both of us chose permanent marker. Love,Joe

    ReplyDelete