Thursday, May 6, 2010

Best night sleep ever

I feel so well rested - It only took about 45 minutes to fall asleep last night and other than a couple mid-night jolts - I slept real well. Ellie came in at 7:40 to tell me that I had over-slept. I have not slept like that in years. I feel much better knowing that this icky cancer isn't anywhere other than where it is currently presenting problems.
I am on a clear liquid diet again but to be honest that is all I have been on since 6 pm Sunday. Somehow after you get life altering news food is the last thing on your mind. Yogurt, that is my speed I can keep that down without it coming back up and egg drop soup. Ironically, everyone tells you that you will lose 5-10 lbs doing the prep for your colonoscopy - for me it was 1 measly pound - I have since taken off about 7.
On the menu today - an endoscopic ultrasound. By the conclusion of the test I should know what stage and the complexity of my mass. I think I will also try to get in to see my primary doctor (who I haven't been to in about 6 years). See, I am a pretty healthy person - other than the occasional sinus infection or ear infection - I have never been really sick. Also on the menu today is trying to get my consult with the surgeon moved up from the 17th because it was clear last night that I am anxiety ridden and the 17th is just too long to wait. Catch up later.

No comments:

Post a Comment