Sunday, May 9, 2010

It's Mother's Day

Yesterday was a fun day - going downtown got our minds off of things for a few hours. The kids really enjoyed - they got to walk through 2 amtrak trains and got a bunch of freebies. The favorite was the big, multi-colored, takes more than a day to eat, willy wonka lolipop. The funniest part was that little Tony made the biggest dent in his. We had lunch together and then all went our separate ways. My Mom and Dad went to my grandparents house to tell the news - there are just a few people I can't bring myself to share my own news with.
Rob, Ellie and Nick all played quietly upstairs so I could nap on the couch for a couple hours. Mom and Dad picked Ellie up for the evening - she wanted to help cook for today. Rob, Nick and I cuddled up and watched Cars. I think I might be getting my hunger back because it took more than yogurt to fill me up last night. Cinnamon toast wasn't too hard to chew and did the trick. Got the kids to sleep and Rob and I watched the first part of Up In The Air. We watched until both our eyes were sore and decided to go up. I don't really know what I was trying to prove or to who but I decided I didn't need an ativan last night - bad mistake. I think the longest bit of sleep I got was 7 minutes. I couldn't get comfortable - too hot, too cold, back hurt, heart raced. When I finally decided this is nuts at 4 AM - Nick startled himself awake and I pulled him into bed with us. Ironically, after getting him back to sleep I was able to sleep for an hour or so.
So, It is Mother's Day - and the kids met me with their beautiful cards that put tears in my eyes. Nick made me a frame at school and Ellie a beautiful planter. I have a feeling this is going to be another real emotional day.
Still debating going to church today - I realize this sounds terrible but I haven't had to walk into a situation where a bunch of people know already and I don't know if I can handle that today. Rob and Ellie are going - I just hope no one mentions cancer in front of Ellie.
Going to Mom and Dad's for Mother's Day brunch later this morning - I think I am actually looking forward to eating.
Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful women in my life - enjoy the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment