Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Beautiful sunny day

I slept on the couch last night, Ellie helped me build up the padding by layering some extra blankets. Ellie joined me first this morning and then Rob and Nick. I got breakfast ready for them as they watched tv. I had my first cup of coffee in over a week today. Ellie and I packed her lunch for school and snack. Rob and Nick walked Ellie to the bus stop.
Rob drove Nick to school this morning - I painted my finger and toe nails. Rob got busy working on the caboose - it really looks good. I talked to Mom for a bit and then went out to soak up the sun and visit with Rob. I went for a walk around the block - I am delighted that I am not running to the washroom as predicted however I don't think my bowels have really awoken yet.
I joined Rob in picking Nick up from school and then we went to Menards. We picked up some more seeds to start our vegetable garden from and some food stuff. We came home and had lunch. Rob had to go adjust something at someones house so Nick and I played outside. We took a walk and then sat next to each other in our chairs - it was nice. Rob came home and worked more on the caboose.
I ran to Whole Foods to pick up staphysagria (the homeopathy for surgical wound healing). I also picked up some pear nectar and white bread. I came home and Rob and Nick had gotten Ellie from the bus and they were all next door playing. Rob gave up working on the caboose and sat with me in the yard. I eventually came in and started dinner - I made cheesy mashed potatoes (and yes I did eat them) and chicken sausages and carrot sticks and grapes. Our neighbor had bought the kids decorated cookies for collecting her mail last week that the kids had for dessert. Everyone had baths and showers because 90 degree heat and playing hard = smelly kids.
Rob collected all the laundry and took it downstairs for me so I could get a couple loads going. We had cuddle time on the couch watching Cupcake Wars on food network. Rob took Nick up to bed and Ellie and I watched Dancing but eventually Ellie and I headed up. I took over for Rob and he moved onto Ellie. Nothing on tv tonight - so I played facebook games. I did some google research about ileostomy reversals and lack of movement and it apparently does happen to some people. I think I might have to just introduce fruits and veggies again and see what happens because I feel about 6 months pregnant right now. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment