Monday, May 23, 2011

NO EVIDENCE OF DISEASE

It took me a bit to fall asleep last night - partly because of the storm and partly because of anxiety. Around midnight, when the rain was really heavy, I began to hear dripping in the back room. I turned on the light to find that it was raining in the house. Our backroom is falling apart from the house and where the water was coming in is under the downspout from upstairs - it was clogged with leaves.
Only clear liquids for me this morning in prep for my scan. I got the kids clothes ready and Ellie off to school. We cleaned up around here this morning. Rob vacuumed up the rugs, Nick put toys away and I swept. We have these little sap gross things that fall off our tree and get tracked into the house. Rob and Nick went over to the GGs for a visit when I went to the hospital.
I made the most of my trip - I dropped off all my remaining ostomy supplies to Jen Dore. I went to Kellogg and Margaret accessed Plum and did my blood work for my appointment tomorrow. I went over for my scan - quick and painless. A guy from IR was able to come by to de-access Plum and save me a trip back to Kellogg. I asked him about the removal surgery and he said since Plum hasn't been in long not too much scar tissue should be there and that the actual procedure only takes about 15 minutes.
I left the hospital and came home. Rob and Nick came home a bit after me - they went to Lowes after the GGs and stopped at Wendys for lemonade. We spent most of the afternoon outside. Rob cleaned the gutters out and mowed the lawn. We cleaned the playhouse to take to Mom and Dad's. We got Ellie from the bus and Rob loaded the playhouse in the car and we were off to Mom's.
Rob unloaded the house with Ellie and Nick and I went to say hi. Rob had a meeting at church so he said goodbye. Dad took Ellie and Nick for a walk and to a couple parks. Jo and T came over for a visit. It was T's first day at preschool summer camp and he loved it so much he didn't want to leave. I took T to show him the new playhouse which he quickly informed me I was too big for. We visited for a bit with Mom's neighbor while the kids played together.
Jo and T left and we ordered dinner. I took a ride with Dad to drop off some things at Salvation and pick up dinner. We watched the first half of Dancing while eating and then we came home. I gave the kids a bath because they were stinky and dirty and we got PJs on. Nick was out quickly - he had a full day outside. Ellie had lots of questions tonight and unfortunately I hadn't checked my email before she went to bed to share the wonderful scan results with her.
Dr. Marsh emailed me my results this afternoon but I didn't check until after the kids went to sleep. Scan impressions are no evidence of disease, no bowel obstructions and all organs and vessels are within normal range. I was happy he shared the results tonight and I didn't have to wait until tomorrow. Now I can schedule with IR for Plum's departure.
I asked Margaret for some new steri strips today so I can re-dress my incision because the strips from last week have peeled off. I want to thank all my family and friends for your positive thoughts, prayers, mojo and wishes during this entire journey - please keep them coming as they have worked and I would like to continue hearing the no evidence of disease impressions. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. WOOHOO! This is much needed great news after some really crappy stuff. I am SO happy that you are not only FREE OF DISEASE, but that you are continuing to heal. The nerve stuff I do think will continue to fade and maybe Marsh will have some different ideas tomorrow. See you in the manana! Love ya, Mom WOOHOO! It was news worthy of 2 Woohoos!

    ReplyDelete