Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Its a chemo brain day

Another average night on the couch. I didn't go to sleep until later because I took that afternoon nap. Ellie was first down to join me, I started some cinnamon toast for her. Rob came down and got coffee started. I got the kids clothes ready and took a quick shower. I was hoping the dressing would get wet enough to wet the scab -no such luck, that scab is dry. Rob and Nick took Ellie down to the bus stop and Nick fell down and came home crying.
I went to take Nick to school but quickly noticed no other cars and no open door and realized there was no school today. Nick and I went to drop some medication off at Little by Little - they could use my anti-nausea medicines I had left over when they depart for Haiti tomorrow. We did a very quick walk through at Salvation - I found Ellie a pair of Dansko clogs for $2.00 - I am going to try to paint them. Nick and I went over to Mom and Dad's. He went right to work assembling a track in the living room for the trains. I ended up asleep on the couch for a bit. We visited with Mom because we are all having withdrawal - before surgery I was seeing Mom almost everyday but at least every other to change out Scarlett. Now that I am more mobile we will have to drop by more often.
Nick and I came home and we had lunch and then Rob went to play with Nick while I took a long nap on the couch. I guess I need the sleep - must be healing. I woke up around 4, Rob had gotten Ellie off the bus and the kids were playing outside. I got our clothes ready for this evening and started a bath for Nick. He was a hot mess this afternoon, he got his thumb stuck in the door, he was kind of grumpy. He took his training wheels off his bike yesterday (by himself) and apparently went about 10 feet on his own today.
I got Nick in/out of the bath, got Ellie started and we all got dressed and were ready for the evening. We went to dinner at Cheesecake Factory - it has been about 10 years since i was last there. It was sweet, to all be dressed up and in a nicer restaurant celebrating. Nick was the first to spill - his ketchup drenched hot dog fell and hit his sweater and his pants. Rob's pesto drenched noodle splashed his suit and tie. We went over for the reception before the ceremony and the kids got fruit and cookies.
The ceremony was nice and it was very nice to hear how everyone loves Rob (and me). He got a nice wall plaque with a clock. We sat in front of Vicky, the IV nurse from the hospital who de-accessed my port on discharge. Rob went out for drinks with his friends and I came home with the kids. Nick and Ellie both went down pretty quickly because it was late. I have been watching tv and playing on the computer.
So, I think I am going to have to do something about my feet - well the left one. I tripped 2 times about 30 seconds apart coming out of the school tonight. I think the numbness is starting to effect my balance. It appears that my incision might be closed but when I bent down at the ceremony I felt a pain and noticed some new blood on the dressing when we got home. Tomorrow is Nick's graduation - this year has thankfully, gone very fast. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment