Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hello sun

I could not wake up this morning. Rob was down here first followed by Ellie and then Nick. I stayed asleep on the couch until I heard enough knocking around in the kitchen. I got the kids clothes pulled - a chemo brain moment. I forgot Nick was to wear his tie-dye for school today but he reminded me. I took a shower and realized when I was drying off that the steri strips were definitely not going to be staying for 3 weeks because they barely made it 15 hours.
I had a super quick shopping spree this morning. I had 30 minutes to buy teacher gifts and get them wrapped before I needed to take Nick to school. I stopped at the bakery and picked up smiley cookies for the "red shirt girls". I ran into Lowes and picked up gerbera daisies for his teachers and advocate and finished off at Starbucks for gift cards. I came home and got the flowers into bags, the gift cards into cards and we were ready to go to school.
Rob and I came home after dropping Nick off to his last day of preschool - they were having a luau field day today. I finished my coffee and talked to Mom for a bit. Rob worked on the cabinet for the Relay for Life auction. I went to pick Nick up and was able to get a picture of his with Consuelo. He had arm fulls of things to go home. We went to Mom and Dad's to play. Nick shared all his goodies.
We had lunch and then Dad took Nick for a walk and to the park. Mom and I got to relax on the couch. I showed her my steri-strips and she agreed that I should probably have something over them. By this afternoon, the incision was obviously open and leaking bloody grossness. When Dad and Nick came home, we packed up and came home.
Nick went outside to play with Rob and I fell asleep on the couch for a nap. It was one of those naps where you wake up and think I should get up but my eyes would close again and I would sleep for another 20 minutes. Ellie came home and shared her day with me - she had a field trip to Graue Mills in Oak Brook. They got to make corn meal from the mill.
It was school night at Dengeo's - so we ordered take out. Rob nicely got Nick cleaned up in a bath while I was sleeping and Ellie came in as I was going to pick up food to finish her homework and take a shower. We had dinner and I tried salad for the first time since surgery. I won't be doing a salad again anytime soon. Rob got the kids to sleep and I played on the computer. I was able to schedule my ct scan for next Monday and Margaret was able to schedule my blood work then, too. I will go in on Tuesday to see Dr. Marsh for follow up and to discuss the results. I will then be able to schedule the out patient surgery to get Plum pulled out - probably after Memorial day sometime.
Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment