Friday, May 13, 2011

Thursday Make Up

Well, I went to blog last night and the website was having maintenance issues - so I couldn't post. Then, at 2:15AM some random car in the toy chest started singing to me - low battery mode and I tried to blog again then because I was up but I was still locked out. Even this morning, I was still not able to post - thus this later afternoon, day late post. Obviously, I have major chemo brain issues and will have trouble recalling everything so it will be abbreviated.
Yesterday morning Rob took Nick to school and then did some errands - I went over to Mom's to play with T. I got such awesome love from my little nugget. We went for a short trip to the park and played inside.
I came home and tried to watch Letters for Juliet - the 4th time I am trying to watch this movie and still can't get into it. I just had a nice, quiet afternoon on the sofa. Rob and Nick came home and we went for a walk around the block and then a trip to the park.
Ellie got home and all the kids played outside in the sprinkler until it was time to get ready for the 3rd grade musical. We gave Nick a bath and Ellie took a shower and we found cool clothes to wear. Dean came over to visit before we left for the musical. I guess I had told one too many people that I was pleasantly surprised at my bowels returning to normal because my body had to prove me wrong. About 10 minutes before we needed to leave the length of time between washroom trips really lessened and I was worried about being able to see the entire musical. I decided to take a 1/2 dose of loparimide to slow things down.
Mom and Dad were very nice and picked up the GGs and Ms. Katherine (Mom and Dad's neighbor) to come to the musical and we met them there. Ellie was in the middle of the first row - which she has never been because of her height but she was so happy to be able to be this time. We learned things about Illinois history that we never knew, got to see some Chicago inspired art and history and hear many Illinois related songs. They changed the words to Soul Man to be a song about 3rd grade. Nick danced in front of us and it was a very nice program- the kids were really proud of their show and I was very proud of Ellie.
After a small reception after, Dean drove us home and Mom and Dad drove the GGS and Ms. Katherine home. It was later so we go the kiddos right to bed. Other than my incision starting to have some pulling, healing pain and a runny nose I am doing pretty good. I scheduled my visit next week to get my staples out and I hope that might lessen the pulling. Things did slow down washroom wise and I never found myself having to run to the washroom. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment