Friday, May 13, 2011

Seems like just a few hours ago...

This morning I got the kids clothes out - planning for another warm day but I am glad we layered Ellie and I changed Nick into pants because the temps just kept falling. I packed Ellie her lunch for her field trip downtown and got her ready and Rob and Nick walked her to the bus. I got some laundry switched and just enjoyed sipping my coffee.
Mom and Dad picked me up for a shopping day while Nick joined Rob in a trip to Lowes and to a friends house to finish a project. We started at a rummage sale and scored clothing for Ellie and some fun things for Mom and Dad's house. We did a Target run - a couple perimeter clearance deals. We finished at Whole Foods to do some shopping and grab lunch.
Ellie had a wonderful day downtown Chicago on a double decker bus architectural tour. Ellie came home saying she basically knew everything about the East part of the city. Although she began the tour on the top level, the cold wind was too much and she transferred to the lower level.
After school we hung out on the couch and watched Strawberry Shortcake and the kids snacked. I think Nick started the illness in our house last weekend - Rob is for sure sick and I am beginning to think my allergies might be a cold, too. I am dosing Ellie up with vitamin C and echinacea. I made some veggie noodle soup for dinner with lots of garlic. Nick wanted breakfast for dinner - waffles, sausages and fruit. Ellie wanted hard boiled eggs and fruit.
The kids watched a movie we streamed and then Ellie tried to teach Nick to play memory. Rob took Nick up to bed and Ellie and I watched Check Please before I took her up to bed. Rob made himself a hot toddy and then he went up to get some sleep.
Lots of pulling around my incision today - I guess this is a good thing because it means I am healing. My runny nose has started to slow down a bit. My left foot still feels like I have a brick taped to the bottom of it. I think I am going to schedule a few appointments with Patricia for the next few Weeks to work more on this. Congratulations to our friends, Kelly and Dave on the birth of their first child, Molly! So exciting. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment